October, November, December Festive Suggestions

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

October, November, December Festive Suggestions

Post by Coops »

I thought I'd start warming up the code for the coming Festivities as we get closer to October (Yes, I know, WHERE did the year go) and the start of what I'd guess you might call the Core-Exiles Festive Period. October sees Halloween, which rolls in to November and the Guy Fawkes festivities, promptly followed by Decembers major festive period.

But, I thought, lets checks to see if anyone had any new shiny ideas they would like me to consider this year. We have time to consider any crazy off the wall or even sane ideas for festive fun or competitions. I can't promise I can agree to them, but I will review any suggestions and see what I can do.

So Idea hats on, take a walk on the 'fun side' and let me have it :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: October, November, December Festive Suggestions

Post by MadMaxxx »

We could have Coops Challenge every month during festivities :D Christmas one could be 3 weeks or whole month long.
Because its that special time of the year coming.

Regards

MadMaxxx
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Some old ideas. Resurrected in Staff Chat.
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Pengembara

Post by Pengembara »

What if during the celebration there was a new mission with the storyline of a pirate ship stealing gift boxes from Santa Claus? When the player finds the gift box he can open it as a festive pack :)
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

So keeping in the Santa spirit - a silly cooperative exercise in mining.
A foul creature called the GRINCH has escaped from the Core, now loose in the 6 galaxies. Its army of minions
has raided every system and planet and stolen ALL the snow from the 6 galaxies. They have assembled all this snow
in a GIANT SNOWBALL , perhaps in Feris or Kelsey. GRINCH then kidnaps Santa and imprisons him in the snowball.
All player captains have to help out to rescue Santa by MINING the snowball. They get a resource "snowflakes".
The snowball should be comparable to a Coops Challenge Mining level 4 amount perhaps.
If the snowball is successfully reduced by midnight Christmas Eve, freeing Santa, then all those snowflakes in every CS
everywhere turns into CREDITS. If the rescue mission fails, the snowflakes turn into PLAIN ORE.
Whatever the outcome, plenty of XP and mining ores to be had by all. All participants may get a reward on XMAS day?
Kermit De Frog

Post by Kermit De Frog »

To induce more activity, have some type of competition that utilizes/enhances new functions regarding battleships and/or access into the core. Whether these functions are known now or in the future.