Opening AND Closing Corporate Offices

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Geistware

Opening AND Closing Corporate Offices

Post by Geistware »

Presently there is a way to open new offices with research points. I would recommend that there is a way to also close unused or unwanted offices so long as there are no buildings or ships and the office to be closed is not your HQ. What does everything think of this idea?
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Re: Opening AND Closing Corporate Offices

Post by Moonblade »

To take this suggestion further, what happens when we are finally allowed to have corporation offices on player settlements ?
It would be great to have the option to close another unwanted office and place one at the player settlement of your choice instead. It would be a waste to spend millions in research points to open for instance a 4 th unwanted office just to be able to place the HQ at player settlement of your choice.
Geistware

Post by Geistware »

Good point. We could use the same type of system that wrapping up a settlement uses to wrap up a corporation. Once completed, a new one can be opened.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Will add this one to my whiteboard list. It was initially planned as part of the role out but I didn't get time to consider all the intricacies. Lots and lots and lots of checks on Corp Offices. So no reason this cant be added, just a royal pain and will need a lot of testing on Dev before release.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Geistware

Post by Geistware »

Coops,
I am not a coder but if the office has zero power produced then it means there are no buildings placed. All you do from there is look for Pilots not on mission or in office. As far as other details, why not decrease the max office counter by one and return 50% of research points expended for one office at that level. That way it should be a nice compact subroutine,.