minerals on settlements

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
paco1601

minerals on settlements

Post by paco1601 »

hi, why are minerals the same in every settlement? (resource extraction buildings)
I think there would be a difference according to galaxy, skill level, tech of settlement.
I suggest a sequence of minerals with some minerals common for all and others depending on what said.
(the same is for flora and gas)
Last edited by paco1601 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: minerals on settlements

Post by Sukayo »

Please refine the suggestion. For ORSA sites on settlements here are galaxy specific resources,

For the resource extraction buildings, there is no specific output available - but one version is usable in all galaxies except the Expanse.
paco1601

Post by paco1601 »

thx Sukayo for your clarification
paco1601

Post by paco1601 »

no people interested ?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

would be nice. That could increase (slightly) values of some locations. Maybe new building which could extract galaxy wide resources? with some research to it?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

pikolinianita wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 am would be nice. That could increase (slightly) values of some locations. Maybe new building which could extract galaxy wide resources? with some research to it?
I'd be interested in opinions on this, I have a feeling that there might be some strong opposition for this from 'certain' corners of the CE Universe, where players work rather hard to obtain certain resources and the idea of adding a building that just needed some SRP (which most of the higher level toons have in spades) may just be a tad too 'sweet' :)

But as I say interested in thoughts...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

re: settlement ore/gas/flora mines.
I'd support adding research levels which would open up galaxy-specific (or maybe planetary specific) resources.
But it might be easier to add new buildings instead.

A new building (Universal Replicator) could produce ANY ingame resource. It needs a valuable sett building slot, daily running
costs, perhaps a SRP based scale of items, also even taking inputs from CS to make stuff. Maybe even figure some way to
attach structure points to the thing. Something like the SMC factories now, only for, everything. Maybe this could be a series
of buildings, as not every sett is going to want to participate in the starbase expansion. Some of those Comm&Industrial setts
may want to go a different path instead of L7/SMC production.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

and add something from MISC to mix (crystals? Gemstones?). so for make 1000 Corn (Elista) one would need 2000 Corn, 1000 water and yellow Crystal... Well, that would explain what created planet specific resources (crystal infestation).

Edit: that could affect Tl trade more or less (resources with high Tl values should be expensive to make)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'm still liking the ideas here, although....

What if the community came up with the 'A requires X+Y+Z' - If 'I' do it we all know its going to be off the scale and mean lol. If you guys come up with the list of resources and their 'requires to make' components it's not going to be met with the usual 'Whhhhaaaaaat!' lol.

Saves on my inbox and my general well being.

If the community of Set owners was willing to come up with a 'Sensible' list and it didn't read like a 'I want these resources coops' - list I'd be happy to give it serious consideration.

Mixing in Research and a building and a 'Shake and bake' cooking time system for end products.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
paco1601

Post by paco1601 »

my first idea for setts was: there are some different minerals according to the galaxy and there are some differents minerals according to tech level of sett.