combat missions

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
havoc

combat missions

Post by havoc »

ok im currently doing a vp mission at mo I have to destroy 31 ships, and its taking an age for them to show, I wrote coops and he said to post here first to gauge interest. my suggestion was to have all targets show up on a scan, and each one you destroy the next one gets a little harder dependent on your level and current exp would save a lot of time just scanning for hours. what you think everyone?
Bullwyf

Re: combat missions

Post by Bullwyf »

I agree that it can be aggravating for combat missions finding ships sometimes. After a little while though you start to know which ships are super rare and which are not. I'm always going to be happy if we can find an easier way for the ship to be found though.

Maybe if you have a ship mission in your combat list it has a greater chance to appear than other types? I know in the past looking for a certain type of ship could mean i just rescanned until I found it and that could be 20-30 scans if not more!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

havoc wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm my suggestion was to have all targets show up on a scan, and each one you destroy the next one gets a little harder dependent on your level and current exp
So first one would have 1000HP, second 2000HP and so on... I'm not a fan of it. It would be hard to balance it. If you make large differences you would have to kill 20 to see that you are not able to kill last 10. Is small It would be too easy.

I'd like some random factor, however. Like each ship could have +/- 10% to it's HP and/or Gun from base value. would make combat more unpredictable
Bullwyf wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm Maybe if you have a ship mission in your combat list it has a greater chance to appear than other types? I know in the past looking for a certain type of ship could mean i just rescanned until I found it and that could be 20-30 scans if not more!
I like this idea more. You would have to mark "tick" next to your mission target, and This Ship type (and only this one - one could mark only one mission at one time) would appear more often. for example: it is 10%*** chance it appears after first scan, 20% after second scan... When it appears, chance goes down to 0%, and increase with each scan. and so on.
Because player could mark only one target total effect would be not overkill, I hope.

***Perchaps this chance should be chained to Scan Power (amount of targets shown in one refresh) ( => then captain level should be included too (lower level captains have less powerfull scanners - ).
Last edited by pikolinianita on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havoc

Post by havoc »

good calls both of you, I like the idea.
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

I thought havoc meant that each successive ship was a little harder to find, not harder to kill. I don't think it would be fair if target ships increased their tonnage/HP over the course of a mission, but it would be nice to see some of the rare ships more often. That said, I spent an inordinate amount of time compiling ship scan lists for each galaxy and law level to determine which ships were best to seek out for combat missions.