Old Wiki - Days Numbered - Want to Help?

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Old Wiki - Days Numbered - Want to Help?

Post by Coops »

As per THIS THREAD we created a new Wiki install for the Players of Core-Exiles to use. The old one caught fire and fell in to the swamp. I managed to revive it to a 'read only status' but its an open security risk atm.

Piko and a select few others have been moving as much data from the old wiki to the new one as they can (given personal time allowance). But we have to put a final date on the old Wiki's demise.

I will be Officially pulling the plug on the old install of the old Wiki on the 1st of August. Or sooner if it causes a load issue on the server due to attacks.

So you have till THEN to move as much data from the old to the new as you can. If you wish to help contact me or Piko directly and ask for an account. We will need your valid email address. Only apply if you have experience with Wiki's and are aware of the process of creating / updating them.

I'd like to take this opportunity to state clearly that whilst we host the site and dB the content is totally player driven. Myself and the staff do not contribute or 'verify' the content on the Wiki that is the domain of YOU the players.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Old Wiki - Days Numbered - Want to Help?

Post by Coops »

A polite nudge and reminder that we will be pulling the plug on the old Wiki come the 1st of August. In its current state it is getting far to much unwarranted attention and has caused us to add a paid blocking / IP filtering service to the domain.

You are Free to Apply for an account on the new wiki if you wish to help out with the 'Player Run Wiki'.

You can Find the OLD Wiki OVER HERE

You can find the NEW Wiki OVER HERE

All the old pages need copying off updating and moving to the new wiki or this player data will be lost for ever.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Bumping this post to remind players that the Wiki BELONGS to YOU the players. We only offer the hosting of the actual Files and Database and create accounts. What's added there and how its displayed / updated is for you to work at.

This week has been a steep rise in requests for accounts (to enable editing and adding content) which is great.

So far 285 pages have been created with 794 edits.

We still have the cut off for the existing old wiki of the 1st of August

So don't dally.

Personal Note: Whist its YOUR WIKI, I would suggest that you consider the content being copied over for validity and actual value. Simply replicating all the items in game which are already in the game CEDR for instance would be a waste of your time.

Same for any old guides. We have shiny new Guides Site for those now, if you feel one needs adding let us know and we can arrange to have one created and added. Adding old outdated pictorial guides is a waste of your time.

Use the new Wiki as an opportunity to chuck out what's outdated and incorrect and only post what's valid and useful. As I say that's a personal comment - the wiki is yours not mine, but that's just my opinion.

If you wish to obtain an account to help out send me an in game Pm with your email address or contact me via discord chat.

Coops
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

To give you some idea of how HARD some of the players are working to update the new Wiki with the old Wiki content :

So far as of today 1,277 edits with 513 pages created!

Congrats to those working so hard to make the conversion work. Perhaps a round of applause or a thank you in the Wiki Discord chat channel wouldn't go unappreciated :)

Coops