Space Invaders Settlement Defense Mini Game

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Rexx Shredd

Space Invaders Settlement Defense Mini Game

Post by Rexx Shredd »

The Weapon naming thread got my pretty mind thinking: I think it would be fun if an option (has to be a switchable option as our community includes many V.I. players) can be made for Sett Attacks to be like a vintage space invaders game...but more souped up with certain types of defensive guns, missiles, and shields able to do certain types of damage

If the option is enabled, the Sett Attack mail comes to your Inbox, but the difference is that the attack is no longer automated: if you want all the goodies/loot that comes from Pirate Attacks, the mini-game must be played for each attack

For L3 Setts, only one wave needs to be surpassed'
For L4 Setts, two waves
For L5, three waves
For L6, four waves
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Space Invaders Settlement Defense Mini Game

Post by Darakhoranon »

And how do you suggest to allow VI players to get "all the goodies"? Or why should someone not interested in this supposed minigame be punished for not playing it? Maybe instead add some kind of additional reward for playing, e.g. a little extra loot or even a chance to choose between "loot packs" (i.e. a better chance to get the loot you want)?
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Darakhoranon wrote:And how do you suggest to allow VI players to get "all the goodies"? ?
thats why I said it needs to be optional...If the option isnt selected, then its the same as it is today :)
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Ah, so you could play the minigame today, set it to "autopilot" for the next two days and then play again on Saturday? Ok, that sounds reasonable.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Rexx Shredd wrote:like a vintage space invaders game
I'd prefer Atari 2600-era Missile Command instead. :P

Honestly, like I feel about most Rexx suggestions, it would be awesome, but just too much of a hassle to implement and not really worth the added complexity. :| It seems like you suggest a lot of changes that add animation to an otherwise very static user interface. While cool in theory, it's rough on internet connections and harder for people to quickly parse, whether VI or not.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

True, Zoorland, but as per his suggestion, the "Core Exile Invaders Settlement Defense Game" (TM) would be purely optional, i.e. if you didn't specifically activate it, there would be no difference whatsoever to how it works now. So no animation unless you consciously activated them, which kind of negates potential problems with a slow internet connection/VI.
And while you're also right in that programming (and integrating) it would probably be more than a little complicated, adding some purely optional animations MIGHT make this game more attractive to people, thus increasing the number of players (who in turn MIGHT buy something in the shop, thus helping to keep Coops chained to his desk and coding...).
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

I also think the old-school missile command game would be more appropriate for the scenario. Don't really agree with adding it though.
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

you guys are SO missing the potential

for v.i. the image is of a missile command game screenshot with Rexx in a Superman uniform
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

ok, I can back this if it gets Rexx into clothing.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter