Add regional resources for mined ores?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Add regional resources for mined ores?

Post by Akkamaddi »

By "regional resources" I am talking about the resources that are named for one specific planet, like Wood (Eden), Steel (Simbrisk), or Water (Beltaine).

Just an idea, but it could be cool to have a few resources like that which are mined from Asteroid Fields.

For example, Lithosite from Eema would be Lithosite (Eema), a new resource, instead of regular Lithosite. A handful of these, like Vomicine (Bedlam), Charged Shatterite (Farpoint), and Ravenrock Ore (Iribis) would give a little extra variety and value to mining.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Re: Add regional resources for mined ores?

Post by Jager 602 »

Maybe put them in systems that don't have planets with named ores?
A plaque on both your horses.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

There are plenty of systems to go around, especially if you do this in VP or Furnace.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Are you sure you want this? That could easily be 100+ new resources added to the game for little benefit other than upgrading ones headache when trying to source them for future builds. There are galaxy specific resources already, mined only resources also and not all asteroids within same galaxy have the same ore composition.

If something like that is going to be introduced (which i am not a fan of), do it for Expanse only. Currently there is no point in mining Expanse asteroids as all resources they have can be extracted from planets.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hi Hunbaba!

I originally stated "A handful of these", which may have been imprecise. I was thinking of a dozen or so, not "100+ new resources".

I originally loathed the regional resources, but I've come to appreciate their charm. I wouldn't mind a small expansion.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I Agree with Hun, That makes sense in Expanse only. Right now mining in Expanse is not very... useful. On the other hand, phantom ores are almost that - maybe not in exactly one field, but almost :)

But it could be nice idea for kind of event. Schematics for item (for Christmas special, for example), which require Charged Shatterite (Farpoint), Ravenrock Ore (Iribis), etc. Resources would be removed after event (or converted to regular ones).
Option - Also there could be certain Ship types ((Type = Stolen Transporters, Affiliation = Bad Elves) with new resources (Christmas Fuit Platters).