Celebrating my 1 year CE anniversary! Join the celebration at Arlentz Safe Haven!

A place for Settlement owners and soon to be owners to discuss Settlements. - Love them or Hate them they are a central part of Core-Exiles.
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Celebrating my 1 year CE anniversary! Join the celebration at Arlentz Safe Haven!

Post by Arlentz »

Hello fellow exiles, and I'm glad you're reading this!

I began playing CE on August 13, 2016. As I write this post, my 1-year CE anniversary will occur tomorrow!!! So, in order to celebrate my first full year of fun with CE, I invite you all to my settlement:

Arlentz Safe Haven > Palham > Sphere

Beginning at midnight (Game Time) on August 13, 2017, and continuing through the end of August, (11:59 P.M. Game Time August 31, 2017) we'll be offering you a chance to win either a 1-year Premium membership, or, if you're the winner and you don't want that, you can choose a Universal Hanger License instead. Got both? Well, if you win, you can choose to give the prize of your choice to another player!

How does this work?
Well, here at the Haven we have Wesbac, Union, Gleso and a Galactic Federation Office. If you set up a Gleso factory, (There are 4 slots available.) then you receive 2 entries. If you accept 1 Galactic Federation mission, and PM me in-game with the mission info that you accepted, then you receive 2 entries. If you carry out 1 Wesbac mission and PM me in-game with the details of your completed mission, then you receive 1 entry. If you carry out 1 Union passenger mission, and then PM me in-game with the details of your completed mission, then you receive 1 entry. You can do more than one of these things to earn your entries. But, that's just the beginning! When the Celebration ends, I'm going to look at my reports. For every 10 Galactic Federation missions accepted, no matter by who, EVERYONE who PM'd me letting me know that they accepted a Galactic Federation mission and provided the information to prove it will receive 1 additional entry. So, if a total of 32 Galactic Federation missions are accepted during the Celebration time, everyone who PM'd me to let me know that they had accepted 1 Galactic Federation contract will receive 3 additional entries. It's similar for Union and Wesbac. Everyone who sends me an in-game PM letting me know that they have completed a Union contract, a Wesbac contract, or both, and provides me with the information to prove it will receive their entries. For every 25 Wesbac hauls completed, EVERYONE who completed 1 Wesbac haul will receive 1 additional entry. For every 25 Union hauls completed, EVERYONE who PM'd me with information showing me that they had carried 1 set of Union passengers will receive 1 additional entry. Confused yet? Here's an example.

Captain X set up 2 factories at Gleso. For this, he receives 4 entries.

Captain X accepts 1 Galactic Federation mission. For this, he receives 2 entries, bringing his total up to 6 entries.

Next, Captain X carries out 1 Wesbac mission and receives 1 entry, bringing his total entries up to 7.

Now, Captain X completes 1 Union passenger haul. He earns 1 credit, bringing his total up to 8.

If Captain X forgets to PM me in-game about one of these, then he does NOT receive the entries for completing that task.

For now, that's all the entries that Captain X will see, until the end of the Celebration. When the Celebration ends, let's say that I see that a total of 18 Galactic Federation missions were accepted. Well, since Captain X had PM'd me to let me know that he had accepted a Galactic Federation mission, and had provided me with the mission details, he qualifies to receive the extra entries based on the total Galactic Federation missions performed. In this example, that total number was 18. Since the rules state that 1 additional entry is given for every 10 Galactic Federation missions carried out, and 18 missions were carried out, then EVERYONE who PM'd me re a Galactic Federation mission, including Captain X, gets 1 extra entry. (10 goes into 18 1 time, so those who participated get 1 additional entry.) This brings Captain X's total entries up to 9.

Captain X also performed at least 1 Wesbac mission, and he PM'd me about it. At the end of the Celebration, I see that a total of 134 Wesbac missions have been completed. The rules state that for every 25 Wesbac missions completed, EVERYONE who PM'd me with the information to show that they had completed a Wesbac mission would receive the additional entries. Since a total of 134 Wesbac missions were completed, and because Captain X had PM'd me with the information to prove that he had completed at least 1 Wesbac mission, he is entitled to the extra entries. In this case, every 25 completed Wesbac missions earns 1 additional entry, so... 25 goes into 134 5 times. EVERYONE who PM'd with the info on their 1 Wesbac run, now receives 5 additional entries. For Captain X, these 5 entries get added to the 9 entries that he already has, and he now has 14 entries.

Captain X also did a Union run and PM'd me about it, so he also qualifies for the Union entries received by EVERYONE who performed a Union run during the Celebration period. In this example, let's say that only 52 Union missions were carried out. The rules say that, at the end of the Celebration period, additional entries will be given to qualified captains at 1 entry for every 25 Union runs in the total. Since there were a total of 52 Union runs made, and since Captain X PM'd me in-game with info to prove that he was one of the captain's who made a Union run, he qualifies for the bonus entries. In this example, every 25 Union runs made earns EVERY captain who qualified 1 additional entry. There were a total of 52 Union runs made within the Celebration period, so... 25 goes into 52 2 times. This means that Captain X receives 2 more entries into the drawing, and now has a total of 16 entries!

At the end of this Celebration lottery, I'll write everyone's name on a slip of paper. Captain X got 16 entries, so I'll write his name on 16 slips of paper, and I'll throw all 16 slips into a hat, along with the slips of everyone else who qualifies. Then I'll draw a name! I'll post that captain's name here, and I'll also PM that captain in-game. That captain will be our Celebration winner, and gets to choose between the 1-year Premium membership, or the UHL. I'll make sure to let everyone know what our winner chooses.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you over at Arlentz Safe Haven, and to seeing who wins my Celebration Lottery! I'm having a blast here in the CE universe, and I hope you all enjoy how I celebrate!

Have fun!

Arlentz

P.S. Remember, you only need to PM me about the first Galactic Federation, Wesbac, and/or Union mission(s) that you accept. You can DEFINITELY carry out more than 1 of each though. After all, the more you carry out, the bigger the totals at the end of the Celebration. The bigger the totals at the end of the Celebration, the more entries everyone who qualifies will receive!
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Re: Celebrating my 1 year CE anniversary! Join the celebration at Arlentz Safe Haven!

Post by Arlentz »

Let the Celebration begin!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you all over at Arlentz Safe Haven > Palham > Sphere. I can't wait to see who wins the Celebration Lottery! Good luck fellow exiles!

Arlentz
Bullwyf

Re: Celebrating my 1 year CE anniversary! Join the celebration at Arlentz Safe Haven!

Post by Bullwyf »

Congrats on a year! Awesome competition. I'll swing by and see what damage I can do :)
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Thanks, and thanks for stopping by! :-) I've got to say, this is the ONLY game I've ever played where I haven't gotten bored one single time! In fact, I've gotten impatient. I just can't seem to grow up fast enough! ROFL If I'm level 10, then I want to be level 20, and if I hit level 20, that's not good enough anymore because now I just HAVE to be level 35! LMAO I'm having a blast, and this is the first game I've ever played where I'm playing WITH my fellow players and not against them. For that matter, I'm not even playing against the computer. It's just life, and I'm living it and LOVING it! This is the only game I've ever played where I've tried to log in at least once a day for an entire year. Coops, this is amazing! :-)
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Hello all, and here's our first competition entry update!

Gleso Entries: (Only 3 factory slots left!)
Nori Silverrage

Gal Fed Entries:
Xoleuess

Cargo Haulage Entries:
Syros
OConnor

For those listed above, you don't need to contact me anymore unless you enter another aspect of the competition. So, if you've already done Gal Fed, but you also haul some cargo, just notify me about your first cargo haul, and you'll be given a cargo entry as well. If you've hauled cargo, and set up a Gleso factory, I'll give you your additional entries for that. If you end up doing all 3, once you've notified me one time on each aspect, you're covered! You can fight/haul/manufacture to your heart's content, and the more you carry out Gal Fed or Wesbac missions, the more entries you'll all get!

Good luck everyone, and keep up the hard work. I can't wait to give away this prize, and I'm looking forward to even more entries before the Celebration ends and we crown our winner!!!

Arlentz
Bullwyf

Post by Bullwyf »

I know what you mean about the players in the game and never being high enough level and all that from your post! Exactly how I feel. Except when surveying systems in the expanse. That is known to bore me, but hey, what can you do if ya want that next system to open up(and the next then the next and so on). And I certainly do. Other than that, highly agree lol!!

I stopped by your house and found it to be nice and shiny. I'm afraid I may have left a scuff mark or 2 at the docking hub. My bad. I took a full load of wesbecs to furnace so that should help fund the repairs. Oh, and I'm afraid I might have gotten in a bar altercation and might have pulled out of the docks ahead of the local constabulary and forgot to unhook all the hoses and such attached to my ship. I'm pretty sure that fire set in the corridor outside of the Galactic Federation Office wasn't my fault tho. Not entirely. Probably. And that alley cat that looks more like a tiger that my AI finally flushed out of my ship, don't look him in the eyes. Word of warning, just sayin'

I tried to do a GLESO but alas i didn't have the resources to run my only CES factory and I'm currently using all my structure points trying vainly to fill my coffers up of resources. If I free up some structure space I do have enough resources to run my astro drone factory and if you still have a spot left I'll see about setting something up. I really should start extracting something other than Embaron, Ackmevah and turbidic ore since I already have 20k advanced astro drones sitting around and enough of the resources for the factory to probably make close to that many more lol. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Anyways, again, awesome competition you are running here. I sent you an email in game telling you the wonders of my wesbec haulage so I got that in as well. You have to make sure you follow the rules!!! Hopefully I'm not banned the next time I swing through and I'll pick up another load or 2. I'm not guaranteeing better behavior now mind you. When I get of that ship and away from my AI I tend to let lose and enjoy being away from his snarky ass. Of course, when he bails me out of jail for my disturbances it doesn't help matters, but what can you do.
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Here we go with our 2nd Celebration competition update. Sorry it took so long, but blame it all on Bullwyf's post above. I kept making too many typing errors because I was laughing so hard, and then, well, I am getting a little older, and you all know what too much laughter, (Yeah, mixed with a little too much liquid Celebration; I admit it!) will do to the bladder control of a tottering old 40-something like myself. Anyway, I've finally gotten things under control around here, (I hope!) and I didn't even need my AI's help, so there! ;-)

So now, after all of my excuses, let's get to the entry update, shall we?

Gleso Entries: (Only 3 factory slots left!)
Nori Silverrage

Gal Fed Entries:
Xoleuess

Cargo Haulage Entries:
Syros
OConnor
SpaceBucks
Bullwyf

Union Passenger Transportation Entries:
SpaceBucks

Thanks again to all of you who have entered, and I still can't wait to see who wins!

Arlentz
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Well now. We've got some folks who are definitely eating their way into my little Celebration, and who are picking up every entry they possibly can here at the beginning! We've also got folks who are definitely helping to drive up the cargo, passenger and Gal Fed numbers, even if they may not have thrown their name into the hat to win! At this rate, by the end of August, I'll be lucky if all the entrants' names, with all their earned entries, will fit into a 10-Gallon hat, much less anything smaller! LOL

Ok, let's see where we are for the moment.

Gleso Entries: (Only 2 factory slots left!)
Nori Silverrage
OConnor

Gal Fed Entries:
Xoleuess
OConnor

Cargo Haulage Entries:
Syros
OConnor
SpaceBucks
Bullwyf

SpaceBucks
OConnor

Congrats OConnor!!! You're the first captain to gain entries from all 4 parts of the Celebration competition! Nice work, and it definitely helps your odds of winning, but just remember, the more everyone works on Wesbac, Gal Fed and union, the more everyone's odds in those sections increase. The win is still up for grabs, and it'll be fun to see of OConnor is the only captain to enter all 4 aspects of the competition. If he is, well... Who knows? ;-)

See you all on the next update, and hope to see some new faces in our little Celebration before the end of August rolls around.

Arlentz
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Hello fellow exiles! It's me again.

Here's the latest Celebration competition update from Arlentz Safe Haven. I'm so excited that my little Celebration was lucky enough to coincide with the HUGE CE Celebration which is also taking place now. Hopefully, that will mean good luck for all. :-)

Here's our latest update.

Nori Silverrage
OConnor

Gal Fed Entries:
Xoleuess
OConnor

Cargo Haulage Entries:
Syros
OConnor
SpaceBucks
Bullwyf
Sylven

SpaceBucks
OConnor

Also, folks are working hard on Gal Fed, Union and Wesbac whether they've entered or not, so the people who enter are receiving LOTS of backup from others in the universe for when it comes time to add all of those extra entries for our participants. Thanks to all of you guys as well, for supporting my Celebration and helping those who have entered. :-)

See you with another update soon!

Arlentz
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

Yep, it's me, yet again! LOL

I know there are a lot of updates here, but I want the folks who enter the Celebration to know for certain that I've received their entries, and that they're definitely in the running. So, here's our latest update.

Nori Silverrage
OConnor

Gal Fed Entries:
Xoleuess
OConnor
Sylven

Cargo Haulage Entries:
Syros
OConnor
SpaceBucks
Bullwyf
Sylven