Win an Engine / Upgrade

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Mantic

Re: Win an Engine / Upgrade

Post by Mantic »

Core Exiles combines the best of all the various genres of Gaming. A Newcomer finds him- or herself welcomed, given a ship and a base stock of credits, and a helping hand getting organized in this vast, seemingly open ended universe. Do you like being a Trader? No problem- your 'Greeter' lines you up with your first haulage contract and cuts you loose. Always wanted to be an Asteroid Miner? Once again, your first contact shows you how it's done. How about being Galactic Patrol? Your first 'friend' introduces you to just the person who will help you learn how to handle the Pirates that prey on Merchants, Miners, and Settlements.

And that's not even the half of it. While you're learning to walk,then run, you hear the tales of fabulous wealth, fame,and fortune earned by those who choose to explore the fringes that extend out into the ultimate night. Of the Corporate magnates that started out just as you did and parlayed their humble beginnings into Galaxy spanning organizations that sell everything needed to start a new colony, or to support the civilizations growing in step with them. Tales of Alien species, technologies, and materials that can change the universe you know in real time. You can even blow off a little steam by building mechs to go pound on other mechs.

And there's still more... This game is all about community, with plenty of help and support along the way- the other players, the moderators, and the developers want you to succeed, because we've found it's more fun to help one another along instead of beating each other up to get ahead. For me, that is what really makes this game shine,along with the fact that you will never find the end of the universe -or what you can do in it

Become an Exile- and find out what True Civilization really is.
rjwaters

Post by rjwaters »

I like core exiles because of several reasons, one of the most prominent is you have multiple career choices based on time you can put into the game, and they can all make you rich, some take longer, but you also dont have to put in as much playing time. Another is I have some chance of eventually getting my ribbelz back. Been waiting hopefully for several months now when shall a random event bestow upon me the fuzzily cuteness again? I miss the lil' guys.
Baboon

Post by Baboon »

I have not done much with Core Exiles yet but the things that I have done really are all interesting. There seem to be more choices in this game than in any other that I have ever played. The players and staff are all helpful when you have questions or just need advice.Overall I would rate this game very high on my playability scale.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

The reason i play CE is because there is so much content in it, at first glance it may seem a little overwhelming but as you progress you'll figure things out steadily and incrementally over time.

There is much to learn and the rewards for knowing them are big, such as knowing where to go or how to find something or what resources to stockpile for later sale.
Simple things like checking the forum for any ongoing events which might give you a boost to your playtime are also recommended as it gets you involved in the community which is by far the most friendly and helpful i've seen in any online game.

All in all it's a well placed investment of your time as there is so much satisfaction to gain and stress to relieve when you don't need to worry about other players tearing down all that you've achieved.
As far as space simulators go this one is very rich in lore and humorous banter between yourself and your AI companion will keep you entertained as you fly through the vast universe at your own pace.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OK First off - Everyone that entered did a great Job, the entries were spot on and everyone that submitted an entry didn't have an Engine Five already. So, 10 out of 10 Folks :) Then came the Donations - These fellow players were great. As the competition went on through the month more and more came forward, and we ended up with NINE engines to give away thanks to Players donations.

Lastly came the task of picking the winners. I assumed it would be easy but to be honest I was impressed with all the posts and comments be them short or long. So you know what.... ?

EVERY ONE IS A WINNER!

I topped up the missing Level Five engines and every one that enters Just took delivery of a Shiny Level Five Engine!

Happy Early Christmas :) Thanks for taking part and big round of applause to the supported for donating the Nine engines!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Diarri

Post by Diarri »

:D :D :D
Thank you very much Coops for that competition nad for such wise decision :P And thank you to the players that donated engines, you all rock, folks!
Mantic

Post by Mantic »

Woot! Awesome!! :lol:

Thanks Coops- and Thank You to all those captains donating.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Hah, i was wondering where all that extra energy came from when i logged in.

Thanks to all donators and Coops for being a great guy.
Last edited by XPLODE on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumper11550
Retired Staff

Post by Jumper11550 »

Thanks Coops!
Proprietor of Velvet Fortress, Aurelian, Dashan
Oxynotus Dahl

Post by Oxynotus Dahl »

Thanks Coops !!!!
A very nice Christmas gift.

Also a big Thanks to all the donating captains.

:D :D :D :D