Win an Engine / Upgrade

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Win an Engine / Upgrade

Post by Coops »

OK recently I've had some captains (who will rename nameless) Donate some Engines to us to give away. So if you'd like to win yourself a Level 5 Engine pay close attention.

PLEASE NOTE: IF you HAVE a level Five engine already please don't enter. Let those without one have a stab at winning, carrying forward the good will of those that donated them.

Entries : To enter this competition you must reply here with why you like CE. IE what makes CE fun to play for you, what keeps you coming back.

Your post can be as long or as short as you like. We may use the winning entries for publication elsewhere as promotional info for visitors, so spelling grammar and overall readability are important. It doesn't have to be overly long, but that's up to you.

Rules
#1 Don't enter IF you already have an Engine Level 5.
#2 One Entry per captain.
#3 Your post must be family friendly.

Competition Ends
This competition will end on the 30th of November at Midnight. Winners will be posted on the 1st of December.

We have NINE Level Five Engines to give away (thank you kind donors) I will leave it up to them if they want to disclose they donated or not.

P.S Staff may enter this competition.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bethany
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Win an Engine / Upgrade

Post by Bethany »

CE is a great game for detail-oriented people who like to build and improve things without all the vindictive player versus player fighting. I can play anywhere, anytime and my character doesn't get blown up just because I have to walk away from my computer to take care of my kid. As a game, it has long-term playability and frequent improvements. PvP mech combat is fun and optional if you're into combat with good sportsmanship.
Jumper11550
Retired Staff

Post by Jumper11550 »

I enjoy playing core exiles because it allows me to start with something small and through planning and time end up with something awesome. The feeling of accomplishment for finishing each project after weeks or months of acquiring just the right loot or resources and lining up all the pieces is very near the top of my list for what a quality game should provide. Core Exiles consistently hits this mark without managing to become just another level grind.

The game also has a great community. Seldom do I find a player that isn't friendly and helpful in chat or on the forums. The economy is entirely player driven, twice now I've come back from a long abscense and have been totally turned around due to changes in what's valuable and what isn't. It's refreshing to see that kind of natural evolution happen. I also enjoy that the game by nature is PvE, lacking the PvP driven mindset of attacking those weaker than you to get ahead that plagues so many other games.

In short, Core Exiles lets me build something fun at my own pace and without having to worry about whether or not I'm going to wake up to huge loss when signing off.
Proprietor of Velvet Fortress, Aurelian, Dashan
Flamewing kTerra

Post by Flamewing kTerra »

From what I have seen in my time here, both from my life years ago and now, things change. However, as they change, they stay the same... Just... More. The community is always willing to lend a hand, money, a bullet (or ten), advice, etc without expecting much in return. Nothing is free, but nothing that you need to progress costs too much (okay, all those new things I know nothing of like starbases and genesis can ignore that bit) at the same time.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

I enjoy several facets of Core-Exiles. Mechanically speaking, there are so many things to do, and so many ways to accomplish a task you set yourself to. You don't have to do any one thing, or really anything you don't want to; you can focus on the parts of the game you enjoy without having to go do things that don't particularly interest you at the moment. No PvP is nice; I don't have to worry about getting my ship shot out from under me constantly. I like what, to me, feels like the lack of emphasis on combat- I like to fight and loot, and there's lots of weaponry, shields, and equipment to aid in combat, but it's not the only (or best) way to progress. Heck, I just shot up a level making a few long-distance cargo runs. And there's so much to see, those runs were also my first time outside of the Sphere galaxy in the few weeks I've been playing. The need to balance ips carefully is awesome, no matter how frustrating it is in the moment. And it goes on. It all adds up to gameplay that's as complex or simple as your own gaming style.

Socially, I haven't even scratched the surface, but I made some friends immediately, joined a guild, and haven't looked back. Gregarious players have the forums and chat. If nobody else does, I'll eventually break down and start a story in Coops' Tavern, regardless of how corny my writing is. There are things to do even when you're out of fuel ;)

Overall, it's just a lot of fun to play. You can't even pick one thing out because there's so much to do and see. I liked it here years ago, and I like it here again now :)
A plaque on both your horses.
somebody

Post by somebody »

Core Exiles is a game you have to plan carefully. You have to manage your skills, credits and resources carefully to progress in the game. You can focus on one profession or all of them, depending on what you want to do. Settlements and mechs stop the game from being monotonous. There are fun events and competitions every month. There are many guilds that help new players with mentor systems and equipment to help you progress. Further on, these guilds can supply you with resources and equipment that you might need. There are items purchasable with real money, but they can be quite easily obtained later on in various ways. These items make progression faster, but not so much as to make this game pay-to-win. You get a sense of progress when you gain a level or do something for the first time.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

What got my attention right away was the imagery. I am fortunate in a way ... I got to watch Core Exiles being played before I signed up. Seeing the Screen and watching the various changes from a simple Combat Screen to the more complex Mining Screen with it's constantly changing items got me paying attention, wondering just what I was looking at. Once it was explained to me, I would sit and watch as screens changed and moved around in a constant logical flow as Loading at Wesbec took place, then Navigation to the Jump Points, moving along to the next stop and a whole new system to check out as you Navigate to the drop point. Ever changing and ever consistent, no matter what you are doing.

When I signed up, the first thing that got me was : walking into the game and finding a Greeter who gets you situated and moving along with Hands On Examples !! (he called them Missions) Then, the choices available were amazing !! There is no 'right' and 'wrong' way to do things. The only way is : Your Way. Want to ignore the Combat and do some Mining ? There's the hardware, go dig up asteroid belts. Tired of eating out of a can as you monitor the Mining Lasers, try Combat ... THAT will keep you on your toes ! Get dragged back in humiliation after a Training Drone teaches you to 'put the REAL gun on there, NOT the Mining Laser' and you WON'T do it again, believe me. We are free to make out own decisions AND to make our own mistakes. Nowhere else does that happen.

The Community is HUGE, Friendly, and always Helpful. Trust me, they have heard it all, and nothing you manage to blooper yourself into phases them in the least. They even TRY to not laugh at your latest 'slip up', although I am SURE I can hear the giggles all the way here. The difference is : they are laughing WITH you, not at you. They have done the same thing, at one time or another, and you help them to remember those times, so they smile and help you out of whatever OOOPSIE you got yourself into (again). It's a toss up where I have learned the most about the game : the excellent Tutorials, the friendly Community in the Chat or Forums, or from being allowed to burn my own fingers! (back to Chat again) :)

The Best, and Easiest, decision I have made so far has been to sign up and Play -- I am glad that I did !!
Captain Nobody
PS -- remember my name if you ever hear that Nobody enjoys this game !
Utopia

Post by Utopia »

What makes an online, massively multiplayer game great? Well, to me, it’s never just the gameplay. The community within the game is equally important. Core Exiles is lacking in neither of these fields. In fact, I would declare without reservation that it possesses both of these values in abundance.

Core Exiles is not like your typical browser game, where the aim appears to simply be to spend hours at the grinding stone in order to bring your character to even greater heights, nor is it simply about building an empire that would stand the test of time. It is both of these things, and so much more. The ways to the top are diverse and abundant. But perhaps the most unique feature of Core Exiles is in its unpredictable nature. You have no way of knowing if that next step you take, or that next missile you fire is going to result in triumphant victory, or crushing defeat. This reliance on the changing winds of chance keeps the player on his toes and mimics the realities of space and actualizes the concept that space, is indeed a cruel mistress.

On to the community. Where the communities of other games have gradually fallen into chaos and disorder, split up into endless warring factions, our community shines bright amidst the rubble. In all my years of flitting from game to game, I have never seen a community that willing and that able to reach out and embrace newcomers. There is no xenophobia towards starting characters because the veterans of Core Exiles know that internal conflict aids nobody in this game. There is no player versus player scenarios and that, coupled with the player-run markets make it such that those on top rise only when they cooperate with those at the bottom. And cooperate, they do.

My vocabulary is insufficient for me to do justice to the virtues of this game. This is my only regret. No tagline I have seen thus far has been so apt in describing a game. In Core Exiles, truly, Your Destiny Awaits! All that remains, is for you to take that step.

Utopia
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thanks to yet ANOTHER captain offering to donate a Level Five engine from their Coops Token Rewards I have now been able to increase this to FOUR Engines to give away for this competition. So keep your posts coming - BUT PLEASE READ THE RULES! :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thanks to yet ANOTHER captain offering to donate a Level Five engine from their Coops Token Rewards I have now been able to increase this to FIVE Engines to give away for this competition. So keep your posts coming - BUT PLEASE READ THE RULES! :)

Coops