Fall Haul a.k.a. Labor of Love Cargo Competition

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Fall Haul a.k.a. Labor of Love Cargo Competition

Post by Arlentz »

Hello fellow exiles, and thanks for reading this!

Well, here in the States it's Labor Day, a holiday that celebrates all the hard-working guys and gals out there who do the best that they can to keep up with the bills, and to try and make a better life for themselves and their families. So, in honor of all of those hard-working folks, and in hopes that, at least in the beginning of this competition, I can help us meet a few of the Coops Challenge goals, I've decided to start a fall cargo competition, the Fall Haul!

Who?
All CE players.

What?
Haul as much cargo for Wesbac originating from my young settlement, Arlentz Safe Haven > Palham > Sphere, as possible.

When?
The competition will begin at 12:00 A.M. Game Time on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, and will end at 11:59 P.M. game time on Thursday, November 30, 2017.

Where?
Arlentz Safe Haven > Palham > Sphere

Why?
Well, lots of reasons. To start with, you'll be helping to break Coops' hauling goals in this year's Coops Challenge. That's a worthy effort for all of us, don't you think? You'll also be helping a young settlement grow up to live a happy and prosperous life with your efforts in this Labor of Love! (Ah, that's sweet Arlentz, but what do we get out of the deal?! *GRIN*) Honestly, I don't know, at least not YET anyway. I won't know until the competition is over!

"Hold on! You wait one minute Arlentz! I mean, we don't mind hauling cargo, and sure, we can do it from your settlement right alongside the other settlements we haul from, but Arlentz, you NEED to understand something VERY important! A COMPETITION ISN'T A COMPETITION WITHOUT A PRIZE!!!"

LOL I promise; there IS a prize here, two prizes in fact. It's just that I won't know how much they'll cost me until the END of the competition! Yep, all of us that haul from Wesbac over in Arlentz Safe Haven determine the prizes, based on how much we haul during the competition period! For every 10 Wesbac cargo hauls accepted from Arlentz Safe Haven during the competition period, I'll add 1,000 credits to the prize! Now, I'm still a young player here. I'm only at level 42, so I'm only going to start the prize at 1,000 creds. If only one captain makes only one haul from my Wesbac during the entire comp period, then the prize remains at just 1,000 credits. On the other hand, for every 10 Wesbac hauls made from my settlement during the entire time this comp is running, no matter who makes those hauls, and that includes hauls that I make myself, I'll add 1,000 credits to the prize! The more we haul, the bigger the prize! If we make a total of 20 hauls during the entire competition period, then I'll add 2,000 credits to the prize total. If we make 200 total hauls during the entire competition period, then I'll add 20,000 credits to the prize. Again, we control the prize amount based on how much hauling we do out of Arlentz Safe Haven.

And, if you remember, I said earlier that this competition would have TWO prizes. No, I'm not splitting the prize total in half between the two winners. Each winner will receive whatever amount our prize total ends up being! It's even possible that one lucky captain MIGHT, theoretically, end up winning both prizes! Here's how we'll determine our two prize winners.

Prize 1:
Everyone who hauls cargo from Arlentz Safe Haven during the competition period will have their name entered, ONCE, into a drawing which will take place once the competition is over. For that drawing, everyone has an equal shot at winning, whether you just hauled one load of cargo or whether you hauled one hundred loads of cargo.

Prize 2:
The captain who makes the most hauls from my settlement during the entire competition period wins the second prize. This will be the same amount given to the captain who wins the drawing, and, as I said before, each winning captain will receive the FULL PRIZE AMOUNT!

Well, that's it. The competition will be getting underway very soon now, and I can't wait to see how this one turns out. How many credits can you guys manage to cost me? I'm looking forward to finding out! :-) Good luck captains, and remember, hauling cargo from Arlentz Safe Haven right now can not only get you into this competition, but it can also help us all meet Coops Challenge goals for cargo!

Arlentz
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Fall Haul a.k.a. Labor of Love Cargo Competition

Post by Coops »

Arlentz wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm "Hold on! You wait one minute Arlentz! I mean, we don't mind hauling cargo, and sure, we can do it from your settlement right alongside the other settlements we haul from, but Arlentz, you NEED to understand something VERY important! A COMPETITION ISN'T A COMPETITION WITHOUT A PRIZE!!!"
Arlentz
Great idea and thanks for the competition - and yes how true : :roll: LOL
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

It has been almost a month since the beginning of my Fall Haul competition, and we definitely have some captains who are participating! There are a couple of you who are doing some serious hauling, and I thank you for that. I LOVE to see the prizes grow! :-) As things stand at the time of this post, the prize, which started at 1,000 credits for the winner of each part of the competition, is now up to 15,000 credits for each winner! You guys are doing great! I'm hoping to end up paying out at least 2 6-digit prizes, but that will require us to do a lot of hauling! (I promise. I'm doing my part, and my hauls from my settlement are being counted toward increasing the prize, despite the fact that I refuse to cheat and enter my name as a potential winner. hehe) I just want a big prize available for all of you who are working so hard!

FYI, the captains below are entered into the drawing which will take place at the end of this competition. I won't say who is winning in our second area, with the most hauls, but we have 2 captains who are almost neck and neck, and, with almost 2 months left in this competition, there's definitely not a clear winner there yet. :-) At any rate, the captains below are entered in our drawing, and, if your name isn't listed, it's not too late to make some hauls and get on the list!

MarcSp
Bullwyf
Pikolinianita
Nori Silverrage
Sylven
oConnor
Hodgins

Again, thank you to these fine captains for all of their hard work, and best of luck to you all!

Arlentz
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

With only 12 days remaining in my Fall Haul competition, things are getting TIGHT! Two of our competitors are neck and neck heading down this home stretch, with right at 100 hauls each, and only 6 hauls separating them!

We've also had several folks participate, and all of your names have been entered to win whatever our prize ends up being. (If you're interested, right now we're at 33,000 credits and climbing!)

Here are the names of the folks that have hauled so far, and who are entered to win. (Nope, I'm not sharing the names of our neck and neck leaders, especially since we have a few other folks who are close, as in around 20 hauls back, and those folks have a good shot at catching up if they feel the need to haul. *GRIN*)

MarcSp
Bullwyf
Pikolinianita
Nori Silverrage
Sylven
oConnor
Hodgins
Falconner
LocknLoad
Hot100

I can't wait to give some credits away to some of you, and I appreciate your participation in this comp! Best of luck to all of you, and, remember, there's still time to participate if you're interested!

Arlentz
Arlentz
CE Official Supporter

Post by Arlentz »

And the winners are...

Well, I've gone through the settlement logs and added all the totals, TWICE. (Sometimes I can't count very well after I've run out of fingers and toes to count with, so I wanted to be certain!) We had a new participant added to the drawing after my last post, and I wanted Geistware to know that I definitely DID make sure you got added! :-)

So, on to the most important part of this post! We managed, through our hard work this fall, to get the prize total all the way from 1,000 credits up to 47,000 credits!!! Thank all of you who participated for this amazing effort! In addition, I added a small bonus to the prize, just to say thanks! (I promise, I added this bonus BEFORE I knew who our winners were.)

Ok, who are the winners already?!
With 144 hauls throughout the competition, congratulations to Bullwyf! You're the winner of our most hauls made section, with MarcSp coming in a close second. Your prize has been sent to you via PM in-game Bullwyf.

With 1 entry each for everyone who participated in this competition, I'd like to congratulate Hodgins for winning our participant drawing! Check your PM to receive your prize.

Again, thank all of you who participated in this competition, and I hope to see you all again over at Arlentz Safe Haven, even if it's just for a drink and a visit!

Arlentz