Submit a Location Bio Description (On-Going)

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Submit a Location Bio Description (On-Going)

Post by Coops » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 am

Thanks for the submissions folks, I will poke Walhabie to get these looked at when we roll into October. If YOU want to take part in this simply read the rules and post your own submissions. Make some history and put your own mark on Core-Exiles HERE!

Coops

A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!

Geistware

Post by Geistware » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 am

Here is my October Submission:

Planet/Station: Nemesis
System: Gatchina
Galaxy: Furnace

Description/Bio:
While mining asteroid field FU35, Captain Nehemiah Sparks hit a pocket of Necrovium Gas which damaged his ship and forced him to land on Nemesis. Once down he completed the survey of this planet and filed his report with Confed. Below is an exert from his final report.

… Nemesis has a unique ecological system in which very few predators exist. Because of this fact, the plants and animals have very little defense mechanisms in place. Resources are plentiful and the plant life is editable. The metabolism of the animal life is not compatible with human biology and cannot be eaten. The Valog, which seem to be a cross between a turtle and armadillo has one profound benefit. If you grind their shells and bones into a powder and mix it with Dyzalithiaum Fuel, it becomes a pliable paste. This paste when dried, is as hard as combat body armor. After three years of making repairs, I lifted off from the surface and rejoined humanity.

<<Fuel paid>>

Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am

Geistware Was the winner for September as Drawn by Walhabie.

Planet/Station: Wintermute
System: Riangulum
Galaxy: Furnace

Description/Bio:
Wintermute is dominated by plant like organisms which resemble fungi and mold. These organisms were named the Fungi-Mold by the original explorers. The Fungi-Mold are the dominant life on this planet and grow fast and wide, with many different shapes, sizes and textures. Due to the heavy concentration of spores in the atmosphere the planet often appears to be an arid wasteland. Once on the surface, travelers are amazed to find they are walking on a carpet of lush flora.

When nutrients are scarce, these organisms take what they need, whenever they need it, from wherever they can. This will include any organic matter which it touches. Trees, bushes, and animals cannot exist due to the ability of the Fungi-Mold to consume all organic matter. Never touch the ground with your bare hand, the Fungi-Mold may desire it more than you do.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!