Starbase Deployment - Stage 2

Starbases - A long time coming but the pinnacle of achievement for any Guild or Captain. Information as its released will be collated here in this section.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

So you managed to win, outbid, bribe or steal your way to owning a Starbase Licence....

Congratulations you're about to become a member of a 'very special' group, broke, stressed about where to find the resources and funding to keep this behemoth alive and open for business but nonetheless a very special group. The air up there is thin...

You will have received a Private Message from the Starbase Licensing Directorate informing you of the transfer of the licence and also reminding you that you have 30 days to deploy the starbase. If you fail to do so within the time frame (winning + 30 days) then the licence is revoked and returned to the pool. You will NOT receive any refunds, and you will seriously wish you'd 'read the guides'.

Move off to the system you won the licence for. When arriving you will see two new bars, top and bottom on the navigations screen. The top one links to THIS Post. The bottom one enters into the initial stage of prechecks for Deployment.

SB1.PNG
SB1.PNG (117.53 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
If all is well and your licence is confirmed you will be shown the screen above. The top stats are gathered from the Starbase Hubs you have set as Active. If you have less than the required number (Ten) then you will see the message as per above that you have 'Insufficient Hubs Selected). To save you time I have added a button to 'Review Hubs Selected' This takes you to your Hubs page where you can ensure you 'Activate' Ten Hubs.

Activate them with Care
If you Activate MORE than 10 you stand a good chance the Hub Operators and crane engineers will get confused. The first TEN activated in your list will be used for the Starbase Deployment. It is up to YOU to ensure you have selected and activated the ones you wish to use. I cannot stress this enough - Especially if you're a guild with a lot of Hubs to select from.

There can be no 'do over' or 'Err Coops I selected the wrong ones'. Simply put, what you select is what will be constructed to become your Starbase.

Exit to Navigation and click the button once more to start Deployment, again checks will be made and a final set of deployment figures will show on the top bar. This is what your Selected Hubs will give you once deployed.

Click the Deploy Starbase and the process will begin. Once completed you will see a success message and be informed that your 100 Million membership fee will be returned shortly. Drop back to the navigation screen, and you should now see the new starbase.

Name for Starbases is automatic, and all Player crafted / deployed Starbase will carry the 'Archon' naming convention. The first being Starbase Archon-1. If you have deployed on behalf of a guild, your guild Tag will be added.

Post Deployment
Once you have got over the giddy feeling of deploying a multibillion Credit starbase in to space (something that will remain in the game forever) its time to dock and take stock. This primer will be updated as I release more and more active sections to a Starbase but the Primary thing to do will ALWAYS be the same.

Enter the Starbase Management screen via the Blue globe icon on the promenade (same as we use for Settlements). From here select the first icon on the footer (hover marks it as 'starbase Operations'. From here enter into the Starbase Finances section. There you will see we have already started you off with 500,000 credits.

Starbases are linked to the Escrow account their winning bid was linked to. So if this is a personal starbase you will be able to withdraw or send funds to and from your personal Starbase Escrow. If on behalf of a Guild then of course the Guild Escrow fund will be available. It is EXTREMELY important that you do NOT let the Starbase funds drop to below the daily costs (last icon top right). I would suggest that Starbase owners ensure there is always Six months worth of expenses IN the account - Of course it's your starbase, so you can decide.

1: Top up your Starbase account FROM the Escrow.
2: Review any and all icons across the bottom of the Starbase Footer.
3: Follow the Task List from inside the Starbase Management screen.

The Task list is a list of things you need to do before your Starbase can become fully operational. Each stage may add functionality but will likely also add extra costs to your daily charges (top Right Icon). Try to work on the Task List. As you complete each one the task will remove itself. Over time, you may find NEW tasks added to the Task List, so keep an eye on it.

Dev Footnote

Initially I will NOT be running the Daily cost tickers. This means that until I SAY its time the Starbase won't run up any daily costs. The Number displayed is what WILL be taken once we activate that cost. HOWEVER Certain tasks will involved deploying and activating certain systems that have a RESOURCE cost. If you activate / deploy these then the resource cost element WILL begin to tick each hour / day etc.

Many of you have been collecting 'Starbase Tokens'. These can be added to the Starbase and can be used before any 'actual resources' are used. Once we activate daily costs these can also be used towards that costing.

Starbase Deployment - Stage 2 is just the start. I have been working on these systems for a long time now and will over the next few months and onwards release sections to the Live Server. Keep an eye on the starbase Section here in the forums and of course the Dev Posts. Each stage will be fully tested on the live environment before opening up for you to all enjoy. As per CE you can expect this to grow and grow and with SB's now in the wild we can start to move certain storyline elements along now. (AI Invasions / Genesis and of course taking the war to the A.I back towards Sol.)

Thanks for being patient and still being here to bid, deploy and work your way through it with me :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Starbase Deployment - Stage 2

Post by Coops »

Reserved For Stage 3 Posting.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!