Multiple ships working from the same HQ?

A place to discuss and post about Corporations & Mining Barges. Share your finds and discoveries or simply ask questions about the Corp & Barge process.
Fliver
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Multiple ships working from the same HQ?

Post by Fliver »

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having more than 1 ship taking contracts from the same HQ? Is it even possible? Is anyone doing this?
pikolinianita

Re: Multiple ships working from the same HQ?

Post by pikolinianita »

Do you mean corporation HQ?

If you have X ships in one HQ you can have X missions same time, so X times more loot/cr, but you use X times more fuel...
Fliver
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Fliver »

Wouldn't one use x amount of fuel anyway with x number of ships? Should there be another type of corp. ? A type of corp that does not use fuel? Is there such a thing?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Fliver wrote:Wouldn't one use x amount of fuel anyway with x number of ships? Should there be another type of corp. ? A type of corp that does not use fuel? Is there such a thing?
Corporations are designed around allowing captains with excess fuel to use it up. There are 100's and 100's of captains in CE with so much excess fuel that they would never use in a life time. Having said that in answer to your question as you level up and research the corporation tree you can unlock more crew slots, so more captains for your corporation.

That means more ships going out on contracts and leveling up your corporation. Perhaps a read of the Corp Primer might help solve some issues and confusions and perhaps preconceptions.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1952

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

yes but wouldn't multiple ships use up multiple amounts of fuel? I've got just under 400k stashed away at this moment in time. I'm burning through it just by doing tons of hauling. if I really put my mind to it I could get through all that fuel in a day or 2. I don't though because I have rl also but you see my point. it depends on the activities you do as to whether you burn through them or not and how quick. a corporation would make that even faster.
is there a set amount of fuel a ship would use per contract?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

james t kirk wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 pm is there a set amount of fuel a ship would use per contract?
I have only Combat Corporation office. Ship burn 1 unit of fuel per minute, and contract can take from 140 to 260 minutes when taken in Sphere, over 300 when in furnace (maximum distance increase with crew level, so perhaps I'll find longer missions later). longer mission means more XP for pilot and corporation.
While number of Ships in corporation is (almost?) unlimited, each Ship has to have Captain, and you have limited number of vacancies.