Are ships a corporate hostage?

A place to discuss and post about Corporations & Mining Barges. Share your finds and discoveries or simply ask questions about the Corp & Barge process.
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Are ships a corporate hostage?

Post by Gruntok »

Hi tere!
Maybe I am just not finding the right button, but has anyone managed to return a corp ship back to the Hangar?

Thanks
G
Wiki Nut
Shinter
Retired Staff

Re: Are ships a corporate hostage?

Post by Shinter »

Coops wrote:Transfer your First Ship - Remember we said the crew come out of the G.C.A at level 10? Can you remember back to being level 10 (Bet Hunbaba can't) Well at that level the ONLY ship you could fly was a Marauder. So you will need to transfer over one of these.

Visit your UHL - (don't have one? Grab one via Festive Points or the store) from there you can Transfer ships in your UHL store To your Corp. As always crew and ships are initially transferred to the Corp HQ (see there was a good reason to set that up). You CAN by the way transfer as many ships as you like or pretty much any level into your Corporation.

WARNING: Currently you CANNOT transfer them out and later you MAY lose the ship if not careful!!
Frequently overlooked in the Primer, so I thought I'd copy the relevant section over to remind you ;)
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Completely overlooked, yes. Well, I'll let the marauder sit there, hope it doesn't infest with Ribblez or anything.
Thanks!
Wiki Nut
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Shinter wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:31 pm
Coops wrote:Transfer your First Ship - Remember we said the crew come out of the G.C.A at level 10? Can you remember back to being level 10 (Bet Hunbaba can't) Well at that level the ONLY ship you could fly was a Marauder. So you will need to transfer over one of these.
WARNING: Currently you CANNOT transfer them out and later you MAY lose the ship if not careful!!
Frequently overlooked in the Primer, so I thought I'd copy the relevant section over to remind you ;)
As there are a few corps up at level 6 now, has anyone encountered a situation where you could LOSE a ship?
How does that scenario even occur? I assume combat/lack-of-repair kits most likely, but aside from that?

I've got a couple captains that are ready to move up to new ships - although I'm kinda waiting a few more levels
for some specific ships I'd prefer - but I'm concerned about hitting some hidden restrictions. Any ideas?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I have Combat Corp, and ddin't lose the ship so far :) I don't use repair kits (no armour EBK nor Shield ones), I just spend on repairs half of my mission rewards (which is, for combat missions, quite low).
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

I suspect it will come with higher level offices.