Has anyone done a cost analysis on corporations

A place to discuss and post about Corporations & Mining Barges. Share your finds and discoveries or simply ask questions about the Corp & Barge process.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Has anyone done a cost analysis on corporations

Post by jebrighton »

I am just curious. It seems like a huge investment to get started. But, after all that, getting a level 10 captain hauling 50 items does not seem to be profitable. It appears to be a long, long time before you actually make any profits. This appears to be like the UA items that most got excited about Then, they figured out that the batch sizes were too small to actually make any profit. So, that petered out and this might be the same. I just want someone's opinions on this endeavor.
XPLODE

Re: Has anyone done a cost analysis on corporations

Post by XPLODE »

I thought about that too.

I'm just waiting for someone to level a captain until he can use a hauler(betty or wanderer i think) and equip it with a Quantum Evo +P4(or something like that) and then inform us if his fuel expenditure is close to his profit.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

lol, you know cost analysis for level 6 settlements full specialized ?
It is mainly for the fun - and to have something to do.
jebrighton
CE Official Supporter

Post by jebrighton »

I do not understand why an office requires a fusion reactor and a research center. What do these items cost and how do you go about getting them? It sounds like it could be fun to do this but there are so many requirements, it just looks like another rat-hole to me right now.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Research is an option, not required to start.

Reactor and contract offices are crafted, so it is hard to give a price. Required some Combat loot (fresh fruit platter, buritizol gas, some other too) and Alien Salvage stuff. Oh, and Jallycite.

Also, most peoples started with Haulage offices, which gives more cash than resources. If mining (combat) missions give interesting resources calculations will change. Ask me in a year, lol
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

@ Jeb

Corps may not be for everyone, there were developed to add another notch to your game play. You don't HAVE to have a corp. Same as you don't have to have a Settlement or Genesis Plot.

CE has always been about choice, we don't squeeze you into one box or another but allow you to grow and shape your own life in CE. If you don't like the idea don't do it.

Plenty of others are enjoying the 'challenge' and working their way through a new experience.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

jebrighton wrote:This appears to be like the UA items that most got excited about Then, they figured out that the batch sizes were too small to actually make any profit. So, that petered out and this might be the same.
Just wanted to point out, the Foundry and UA items is how I made most of my in-game wealth. While there are a lot of less useful patterns in the mix, for obvious reasons, there are some great resources available through there that are then much easier to make through that method than through any other method in game. With the release of Corporations, and the need for large amounts of Jallycite, I've seen many people go back to their foundries to make some of the necessary stocks. So, it may not be a thing you need every day, but like many things in CE, it is there to give you another option from time to time.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

CE is a toolbox. What you use and most importantly how you use it is for you to decide. No matter how good the tools you have are, not using them properly can end in failure. On the other hand even tolls that seem broken can fix things in certain situations when used by skilled user.

Any addition to the game is a chance for everyone to get something off it. You dont like corporations since they are waaaay to costly for benefits they seem to give? Not a problem. Gather and sell resources to those that are diving in blind and make a fortune from their inflated prices. Those silly people... or are they? :o
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

with the fuel factory i have a projected extra income of 2,326,997,640 creds (if i use the fuel myself for hauling...)

It all depends on what you do.
For me it is easy, hauling cargo finances everything else i do....
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
soarin24

Post by soarin24 »

where can buy the the reactor blueprint and contrat offices