A.I Creates Foothold!

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

A.I Creates Foothold!

Post by Gus Givens »

Good Afternoon viewers,

Gus Givens here with the latest on the A.I invasion. We have news in from the Coalition Forces that they have lost control of the Tauri system in Furnace. It seems that the A.I pushed through a massive fleet earlier today and despite valiant attempts by both Military and Independent forces the A.I pushed their way through to Spiritus.

As of an hour ago the last communiques were broadcast from Spiritus before it went completely dark. At this time we must assume the planet now belongs to the A.I until it can be driven off.

This turn of events has seen the Military command begin immediate bolstering of the systems either side of Tauri. Up till now the A.I vessels had shown little interest in attacking stations or planets, but it appears they have moved to a more aggressive stage of their invasion since arriving in Human controlled space.

The worrying thing is that the Coalition is spread so thin in the systems that the A.I are arriving in. They can barely muster enough forces to keep the A.I under control. Already their numbers have begun to amass in the thousands in key systems.

So far coalition forces and independent Captains have killed a staggering 54,256 A.I ships. At this time the Jump gate in Tauri still appears to be in Gal-Fed control and anyone passing through the system is advised to think twice before making the journey.

Initial reports from Spiritus before we lost communication were gruesome at best. Ground forces were overcome in a matter of hours as it seems the A.I has a vastly superior hand when it comes ground based combat. They also showed zero interest in attempts to negotiate or surrender.

The capital city of Jimbar was in fact it obliterated by some kind of plasma weapon in the opening moments of the invasion.

Our thoughts and hopes go out to the population of Spiritus and all eyes turn to the Coalition to see what they intend to do about this turn of events.

Sally, over to you with the weather.

Gus Givens - ISN News Desk