A Cold Day in Hell

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

A Cold Day in Hell

Post by Gus Givens »

Good evening, this is Gus Givens with the latest on the news from Kinbnal over in Verec-Per. A lot has happened in a short space of time and I will attempt to bring you up to speed.

Thursday Evening we reported on the loss of communications with Satnav 27B. This was preceded by an image sent to the satellites operators. There was some initial controversy as to the legitimacy. The image seemed to indicate that a large fleet of unknown ships was emerging from the local Nebula.

Experts from both Military and Scientific communities argued over the image. Meanwhile a Verecian survey & repair ship was dispatched to locate the malfunctioning Satnav 27B and report back on any possible activity near the nebula.

Yesterday morning a small fleet of Verecian combat ships was seen passing through the Kinbnal Jump Gate. According to records intercepted by our science crew in Warloro the fleet simply disappeared off all long rang scanners and so far have not been heard from. At this time we suspect the entire fleet was destroyed.

Early this morning Gal-Fed along with the Verecian Military Tribune held a short Tri-Vid conference which seemed to cause a large scale deployment of Warships of all types from both Gal-Fed and Verecian ports. These ships have been spotted moving towards the following systems, Kinbnal, Utono and Thraeg.

An Hour ago we received this messages from Gal-Fed Command :

Message starts Auth: GF-G-001ALZ2

At 2:20 PM Local Time on the 27th a large fleet of unknown vessels emerged from the Nebula know as Nebula LB1 in the Kinbnal system. A Verecian Delta Combat force was sent to resolve the situation after their Survey & repair ship VP-Ussolo was destroyed by the unknown fleet.

The Delta fleet engaged the unknown enemy fleet and a battle was fought for approximately 2 and a quarter hours. The Delta fleet was destroyed, but not before they managed to send back data on the ships.

It appears these vessels are not manned by a Human or Alien crew. But in fact are linked to a central A.I. The vessels use a form of cloaking system that makes them almost invisible to normal scanners. It appears they have zero interest in communication and all attempts were met with deadly force.

We have agreed to help the Verecian people in this situation and have deployed close to 200 warships in to Verecian space. They are heading for Kinbnal, Utono and Thraeg. These systems will be patrolled until we are sure the A.I based ships are no longer a threat.

Our scientists are working on ways to neutralise their cloaking ability on everyday scanners, in the mean time we have given Lock-N-Load the licenses to distribute our current 'jury rigged' fix. Any Captain who wishes to help the Verecian and Gal-Fed fleets patrol the aforementioned systems is welcome to lend their aid.

We must point out that any loss of life will not be covered by Gal-Fed insurance and that should you undertake this task you do so at your own peril.

We have began to deploy a series of detection grids around the Nebulas. These will track these A.I based ships as they exit the Nebula and will give us an early warning should more appear in other systems. This A.D.N system will be transmitted to ALL ships entering into systems that have a nebula.

It appears at this time that they have not attempted to use a Galactic Jump Gate.

Message ends Auth: GF-G-001ALZ2

Well there you have it folks, what can I say but be careful out there and make sure you heed the warnings. We will of course keep you up to date with the latest on this as it happens.

Gus Givens
ISN News Desk