Captain Geistware explains V-P honour

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Captain Geistware explains V-P honour

Post by Gus Givens »

by Mike Fingal on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi viewers, I'm Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the galaxies right here, right now. We will shortly be bringing you a report on freak weather patterns in Vassa, but first, we sent our roving reporter Bex Gregory to Verec-Per to have a word with Captain Geistware who's making quite a name for himself.

Thanks Mike. Yes viewers, I'm here in Verec-Per with the honourable Captain Geistware.

Hi captain Geistware, perhaps you'd like to tell us what you've been up to?

Hello Bex,I have been working with the Verec Per Security force to ensure that the criminal element in this galaxy is kept at bay. I have just been thanked by the VP Chief of Security for preventing the Verec Per

I've been hauling large Wesbec (540k+ creds) to and from V-P, mining and extracting there and doing missions for various NPCs for several years now and my V-P standing is over 10m yet my standings bar is STILL only halfway full - even with XP boosts! At this rate it will have taken me about 10 years to fill it! This is getting depressing :(.

Sunflowers, Jun 29, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#2 Like Reply
Escarondius Retired Staff Member

Message Count:

Sunflowers said: ↑

I've been hauling large Wesbec (540k+ creds) to and from V-P, mining and extracting there and doing missions for various NPCs for several years now and my V-P standing is over 10m yet my standings bar is STILL only halfway full - even with XP boosts! At this rate it will have taken me about 10 years to fill it! This is getting depressing :(.

VP XP and VP Honor are actually tracked individually. You just don't have an option to see the numerical value of your Honor points.

Proprietor of Chuckwalla Landing - Aurelia, Dashan in Furnace. Old Forums - community.core-exiles.co.uk
Escarondius, Jun 30, 2012 Edit Delete IP Report
#3 Like Reply
von Wolfenbitten Petty Officer

Message Count:

Sunflowers said: ↑

Sadly, Flower Person, you are in for a long, long period of disappointment. Because there truely is NO point to their Honour System - it exists merely for the Honour of it. Once you have reached the level - loosely translated as "Whale Poo" - at which they will talk to you, there is no further practical use for it. I myself have reached Verik-Mokra which translates as "scum-sucking sewer-creature that wallows in its own filth" and have detected no changes.
But cheer up - you get to wear a pretty gong on the side of your ship! Yay! :)

The Purpose of "Time" is to prevent everything from happening all at once.
von Wolfenbitten, Jun 30, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#4 Like Reply
Xandercrisp Master Chief

Message Count:

It took me around 3 years to max my honor out. And I did it by building, mining and hauling only, no fighting. I admit I don't recall which adds to honor and which adds to xp, but it is possible to get honor without fighting vermin. But it does take significant chunks of time.

Xandercrisp, Jun 30, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#5 Like Reply
Sukayo CE Official Supporter

Message Count:

If i remember right:
Honour is rewarded for getting done VP mission lines, and killing Vermins, this cirminal element threating the VP Galaxy also today.
A small amount could come also from carrying cargo and passengers into VP.

Sukayo, Jun 30, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#6 Like Reply
ShadowSword likes this.
Xandercrisp Master Chief

Message Count:

The cargo and passengers definitely, as that's what I did the most of.

Xandercrisp, Jul 2, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#7 Like Reply
ShadowSword likes this.
Hunbaba Master Chief

Message Count:

Combat is not as good as people seem to think it is for gaining VP standing. Even when Vermin affiliated ships are shot on contract, gaining xp and standing is tedious.

There is another way that has not been mentioned so far and as far as i know it is both easy and fast. Though i will let someone else say it in my stead... :p .

Hunbaba, Jul 2, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#8 Like Reply
ShadowSword Master Chief

Message Count:

*cough* crafting *cough*

"Just because you believe it, does not make it true..."
"Faith does not require religion, but religion requires faith"

ShadowSword, Jul 3, 2012 Edit Delete IP Warn Report
#9 Like Reply
Poltergist Master Chief

Message Count:

I've had a full VP standing bar for quite some time now , my VP rank is Rosha-Verat which does allow me to take more VP combat missions, I do like VP and spend most of time in the galaxy. There are still a few NPC who won't speak to me and I think they would rather speak to VP born vermin than any outsider, but who knows maybe they'll retire soon and their replacements will be more tolerant.