Building a Better Future

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Building a Better Future

Post by Gus Givens »

And stay tuned for sports after the break. But now, we bring you the latest consumer news from across the galaxies.

Camera pans over to a middle aged man wearing glasses and a bow tie.

Hello my fellow exiles. George Stuckey ,your faithful consumer reporter here with a late breaking story about one of the most widely used promenade services and recent changes to it. ISN and this reporter have just learned that Gleso Industries has recently undergone some radical changes to its' operation and usage policies.

Recent rumors indicated that the Mero Brothers who originally created Gleso as a subsidiary, were looking to sell in order to get out of the market and finally make a profit on their initial investment. My colleagues at ISN Financial were initially unable to confirm or deny these rumors despite their diligence and investigative abilities earlier this week. However, I was able to speak with a confidential source at a local facility and was given a copy of an internal memo that has confirmed the sale as well as indicated changes to policy regarding usage of the facilities.

As of the time of this story, filing of the sale with the appropriate authorities has been confirmed by ISN Financial and was listed as a private sale with no indication who the buyer or buyers are. The memo I was able to obtain does not indicate who the current owners are but given a recent story by Gus Givens, this reporter wonders about the new owners.

The memo has indicated that the biggest changes comes down to the policies regarding usage and the pricing offered to captains wishing to use the facilities. Previously, captains were able to place a factory within a designated slot and were permitted continuous use of the slot as long as raw materials were supplied to the factory. The new policy states that a slot will only be permitted to have a factory placed there for a maximum of 30 days starting on the day it is installed. The memo cites the cost of power and waste cleanup as the reason for the change. While this is understandable, many folks are expected to be unhappy about this change.

The other area impacted by the sale to new owners and sure to have a far bigger impact to private captains bottom line is the change of pricing being implemented. Rates are indicated to increase across the board for use of the facility. At this time, the memo does not give any pricing info but states that complaints are expected regarding this change and that any captains wishing to file one be provided the proper forms upon request.

The memo provided made no mention of any changes that would directly affect settlement owners who have signed a contract with Gleso to provide a facility. There is also no indication of any changes to the policy of confiscating a factory if it has been left inactive for 30 days in order to make room for another paying occupant.

With these recent changes, a question that many captains will be asking is will these increased prices be passed onto the consumers of the goods produced by the factory units. I was able to talk with several folks who had mixed reactions including a local crafter who was unwilling to go on record. The crafter I spoke with indicated that he would most likely be upping the costs of the items he produced but stated he planned to slowly phase in the price adjustments.

Unfortunately, all calls to Gleso head offices have gone unreturned at this time and any attempts at contacting management at the local facility have indicated I would need to talk with the corporate offices.

There you have it folks, going forward private crafters and other regular patrons of Gleso facilities will be facing both a time limit for slots as well as increased operating costs. Only time will tell how this will affect the market for privately crafted items and how much of an impact this will have on settlement owners.

Please stay tuned for a word from a our sponsors followed by your local sports after the break.

Your bottom line is my bottom line.