The Journal of Dr Standish

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

The Journal of Dr Standish

Post by Gus Givens »

Hello viewers and welcome to ISN, the premier news network throughout all the galaxies. We recently ran a report on the possibility of there being a journal belonging to the deceased Dr Standish and asked for your help in retrieving the fragments. Captains all over the galaxies have been sending in pieces that they’ve found and now we go over live to the ISN forensic department where our roving reporter has some breaking news.

Thank you. Yes, I’m here at the ISN science block, specifically the forensic department, where I’m joined by one of our leading researchers, Professor Grant Brude.

Professor, what have you managed to find out?

We received a number of page fragments and we’ve managed to compile the data and retrieve the first full page of the journal. It wasn’t complete and we’ve had to guess at some of the words, but by using advanced lexicon software, we believe that what we have is almost one hundred per cent correct.

You say ‘almost’ one hundred per cent, why can’t you be entirely sure?

Because, what with there being gaps in the script, there are a number of spaces that could contain any number of different words. But going on the content of the journal that we do have and looking at every possible word permutation that could fit into the gaps we think we’ve recreated his journal almost perfectly.

That’s excellent, so may we now have this first page?

Of course, uploading it to the holovid link now.

Day 1
I was going to record all of this data on my personal recorder but I turned my back for a second and Pearl took it upon herself to absorb it, the little scamp, so I have managed to find some paper and will use the written word; such a dated mode of communication.
After rigging the containment areas I managed to make our escape to the pods and stop anyone from following us: I would have loved to have seen the good captain’s face when it all went off but the danger was too great. The escape pod is large enough for four and well stocked with provisions; more than enough to last till we reach the safe haven I have plotted on the navigation computer.

Well there we have it, the first page of the late Dr Standish’s’ journal. We hope to have more for you in the coming days, back to you in the studio.

Thank you, let’s hope that more Captains will come forward with information and we can finally uncover the truth. We would like to thank the following Captains for their help.

McHuberts
greendragonuk
Janice le Darke
ShadowSword
Jovaak
Sparky
Nifft Thellian
Husker1
Nifft Thellian
Swampwallaby
MarcSp
Jerrod