octor Standish - Remains found

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

octor Standish - Remains found

Post by Gus Givens »

Doctor Standish - Remains found

Hello viewers, we have breaking news regarding the whereabouts of the infamous Doctor Standish. We go over live to our reporter at the offices of Trundle Hauliers and their owner Caspan Vero.

Thank you, I'm here with Caspan Vero, owner of Trundle Hauliers who made a startling discovery earlier today. What can you tell us about the incident Mr. Vero?

Well, one of my ships had just returned from a long duty when one of the mechanics noticed this object attached to the underside of the hull. He went to investigate further and discovered it was an escape pod that had somehow managed to weld itself to the lower deflection panel.

And then what?

Well he called me over and we opened it up to discover a body....or rather, remains of a body inside.

And you believe it was Doctor Standish' remains that you found?

Yup. We didn't really touch anything, you know, what with the authorities needing to give it a good looking over but he had a badge with his identity and image on it and we were pretty certain it was him. The authorities confirmed it not fifteen minutes ago.

So you recognised his face from the identity badge?

Well, to be honest there wasn't much left of his face but I remembered seeing him on the news some years ago. He was that guy who got himself banned from experimenting didn't he...questions about his ethics and morals if I recall.

Yes that's correct. Have you any idea how long the escape pod had been there, attached to your ship?

No more than three weeks. The skipper had a slight accident three weeks ago, just outside of Jaworski, and we had to send it in for some repairs. There's no mention of it in the engineers report so sometime between then and say two or three days ago.

And do you have any idea where the pod might have come from?

Search me. As I said, this ship was on a long haul and its probably covered at least half of the 6 galaxies in the last three weeks. Drop off in Tornsul, pick up and move onto Warloro, then another pick up and move onto San Gallen with stops at Lucifer, Vesesia and Fieron. More pick ups and through to Aurelia, Secundus, Sellby...the list goes on, it could have come from anywhere.

Thank you Mr. Vero, you've been very helpful. So there we have it, it would appear that the controversial Doctor Standish has at last been found, not safe and not well, but dead in an escape pod that was strangely attached to a long distance haulage vessel. I'm sure as the days pass there will be a lot of speculation as to just what the Doctor had been up to since his disappearance almost four years ago and how his remains ended up here. Back to you in the studio.

Thank you. Later we will be looking at some of the Doctors' work and his fall from grace. Until then, take care.

ISN News