Tablets & Phones

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Tablets & Phones

Post by Coops »

This is a quick and friendly reminder that Core-Exiles is designed and built to work in standard compliant browsers. We stretch this term to include Desktop Versions of Firefox, Chrome and with some distaste also Internet Explore Version 9+

The game is not written for nor tested on Mobile Phones or Tablets. The playing field with these devices is amazingly huge and ever changing. There are a vast variety of browsers for each device and whilst all offer basic browsing very few of them are standards complaint.

Whilst it is true that large parts of CE will work on many tablet and phone browsers the fact we cannot check ever facet on every browser means there WILL be issues.

I therefore suggest that when using these devices you ALWAYS use the login page to login, do not attempt to recover a previous session, and that you Always log out when moving from one device to another. (top left hand drop down).

As stated above this is a friendly warning, but please take heed

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Tablets & Phones

Post by Coops »

Recently I've had to remind a few players of this post. I know it's tempting to play CE on your Mobile Phone, but it is NOT wise. It's not just the way mobile data is delivered its also Mobile Phone browser inconsistency.

We cannot spend our time chasing issues where players have managed to 'bork' their account by playing CE on a Mobile Phone. We do not support the use of Mobiles for CE period. It is designed as a desktop browser game only. It may work on select mobile browsers but mileage will vary and inconsistencies in data will cause issues long term.

Please bare this in mind when playing.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!