Skunk Works V2.0

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Skunk Works V2.0

Post by Coops »

Last year I created the BOB A.I's that delved deep into the game and used existing items to create 100's and 100's of new items for players to loot and discover. (Feel Free to read about them OVER HERE)

These Bob A.I's were turned down to a slow simmer after a few weeks and then 'Removed from Service' for a while. They created 4,273 new in-game items and I know they have been a source of much discussion once they started being looted and located.

Today I have ended a mammoth 'tweak' session of the Bob AI code and 're-release' them back into the wild.

I monitored them initially to see if I could spot any issues, but they seem to be performing as expected. Taking existing items, reviewing their stats 'waving a major AI wand' and creating new items and depositing it back into the game and the loot and Submol tables.

I've set the modded Bobs to full speed and they are already halfway through a major pass from level 10 to level 210. I'll let them run at full speed for a while before once again turning them down to a gentle simmer.

This ensures there will always be new items entering the game with varying stats. Don't forget ALL these items once looted can either be used/sold or Submol'd for resources.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!