Mech Wars - Changes

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Mech Wars - Changes

Post by Coops »

First, off a few changes have been made to the Mech Zones and general Mech Rules. Generally speaking, this is to make it easier for new players and for those who like to dabble but are not full-time Mech Commanders to take part.

1: I have removed the Mech 'Points' requirement on entry to a Mech Zone. It used to look at your live collection of mechs and only allow entry to Bravo and Charlie if you have a large enough combined Mech Pool. This has been removed. The only limit is your total amount of mechs Deployed and your MEch commander level.

2: I have increased the number of Mechs a player can own at any one time. Early on this has been dramatically increased working through the mech commander levels.

3: I have increased the number of mechs a commander can deploy at any one time across the zones at any one time for low to mid-level commanders. The max limit is still six, but this change will allow lower level commanders the chance to deploy more than 2 working their way up to a max of six.

4: From today till the end of the coming Mach war All staff mechs will NOT be flagged as Staff and when deployed will appear as Players Mechs.

I have also added links from the Build Screen to the View Mech Screen making it quicker to move from building to viewing the hanger collection and back.

This is all in preparation for a Mech War starting on the 24th - ALL YOU VS ME! :)

I have NOT changed any code relating to combat so there is no change there!

I will publish the rules and rewards for the new Mech war tomorrow - so keep your eyes peeled :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!