More VIP Account Upgrades

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

More VIP Account Upgrades

Post by Coops »

Many of you will be aware of the VIP program I run here for support towards keeping on top of the programming and development of CE. It's an alternative way to help donate and get rewards. See more on the subject over here Coops Patreon

Since its creation, I've been added more items to the VIP list of goodies to spend your monthly stipend of VIP points on.

Today sees some more items added to the official list. I'm still working on another two but they are far more finicky to pull off. So I thought I'd apply some player suggested ones today.

VIP Ribblez Whisperer
The fuzzy things absolutely love you.

The number of Ribblez that can hide on your ship before the extermination crews come is increased by +5.

If the extermination crew shows up, there is a 50% chance a Ribblez hides and appears after they leave.

If your ship is empty of your fuzzy friends, there is a small chance one of these critters appears. (This only happens when their population on your ship is zero.)

VIP Jimmy Remote Access
Jimmy Fingers is your friend. Don’t ask how. When you take crates to him, he doesn’t skim as much off the loot as he normally does. What? You didn’t know why he only opens the crates in the back room? Just hush. Don’t be rude. All crates contain 10% more loot.

Further, he will let you borrow a small droid that he can control remotely through a personal VPN channel (Via the View Assets Tab). If you are docked at a planet with a Commercial Store, you can contact him and open crates anywhere with a decent galactic net connection. Jimmy can get your crate open and the contents go to the local Commercial Store where you are docked.

Lastly, he will sometimes find something for you for being a good customer. How does he find them? Haven’t we been over this? Stop interrupting. Now, every so often there is a chance a random crate shows up at your ship. Just think of it as a thank you from Jimmy, and a way to generate more business.

VIP Shop Keeper’s Reserve
When you complete an NPC’s mission chain, and have this VIP addon you will be offered Five more items entries to the list of items for sale.

VIP Hippie Trinket
Yes… I’m sure dancing in drumming circles skyclad was part of your education. You still have a crystal hanging from your rear view mirror. When turning in crystals at the Crystal Exchange Program, you get double the points.

Also when you recycle a crystal infused item at the Research Institute, the amount of points recovered is increased by from 33% to 66%

Have fun with these and dont forget if you want to suggest more VIP ideas please feel free to do so.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!