RAID Salvage Sizes (Update)

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

RAID Salvage Sizes (Update)

Post by Coops »

Hi there Fellow Exiles,

I come to you with another change today that once again affect RAIDS. It's not a bad change, in fact, it helps in many ways.

It appears that some time back I managed to slip in a section of Raid Regeneration code that was not actually doing what it was meant to. In fact, it was having a large impact on the END size of a Raid when it came to its final Salvage size.

When we first created RAID Salvage we set a Percentage value on how big a RAID HULK 'should be' when it dies. So just because a RAID had 1.5 Million HP should not mean it has 1.5 million Salvage HP. Obviously, this should be far smaller after all you just spent an hour blasting it to bits :)

So I drilled into the code and located the section that was not only regening the raid but also mistakenly increasing its end salvage size. This I cut out with a blow torch and a few edits.

So from here on RAIDS will die with much noise and fanfare and then become Hulks to be Salvaged of a REASONABLE size.

ALSO: As the existing 9 dead raids were all based on this OLD code. I have cut the salvage hulks down to size. This should make getting rid of them for the next RAID party (when ever that is) far easier.

You can also be happy in the fact that any Salvage HULK (Ex RAID) from here on in will be generated based on the RAID's actual starting value and any subsequent growths over time.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!