Changes To RAID Salvage

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Changes To RAID Salvage

Post by Coops »

I thought long and hard about this one and after reading and then re-reading a recent post between some 'passionate' captains about the subject I decided it was probably long over due some TLC.

I started by adding a Random Misc loot Find. This is approx 50:1 chance of finding Misc loot. It has a wide range (400+) items it can choose form including some of the most sort after misc loots. IF and WHEN you locate a misc items a BLUE bar will appear just under the header directly before the Salvage Operations Screen. The misc loot is moved to your misc store automatically.

2nd : I expanded the loot table for RAID hulks. This is a wide ranging selection of items that we may expect to find on a Pirate RAID along with the usual and not so usual suspects.

3rd : I added a SECOND loot box. This is slightly different to other loot systems. As RAIDS can be LARGE and loots numbers depend on your laser and Scan Skill so to make this 'fairer' I have created a system where by the Firing of the Salvage Laser causes it to attempt to lock on to TWO resource types. One in each window. Of course each window may produce an empty trawl so to speak but that's random for you.

Once you have located your TWO resource types you then can CHOOSE which one to tractor in. Note I said CHOOSE. Unlike combat you only get to chose one of the windows. But as the loot selections have been expanded this at least works in your favour.

Fuel cost is the same, costing 2 Fuel for the initial 'Pull of the Trigger'. So there is no rise in fuel costs just twice the selection.

Screenshot-2017-9-5 Core-Exiles(1).png
Screenshot-2017-9-5 Core-Exiles(1).png (190.85 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
You will also notice that the Salvage laser will locate smaller amounts in the Second Tractor Window as we are bending the laws of physics here so we have to take a nit somewhere :) All will become clear why as you Salvage.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!