Corporation Level 8+ Offices

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Corporation Level 8+ Offices

Post by Coops »

As I mentioned in my in game PM this week to everyone I have had my head in a bucket of older code trying to solve some issues that arose when the first Level 8 Corporation Offices were deployed. These were coded on Dev during the early stages of the Corps and tested by me to a degree.

I then forgot all about them moving on to the next thing that needed looking at. Sadly I should have tested more and thought wider in my methods. The upshot was that the offices when deployed did not work as intended.

I spent a few days looking over the issues and made the decision to re-write the code for these offices. It also included the addition of code for the High level offices for when players Eventually get there.

Today I have released this weeks worth of coding and can now confirm that Mid level Corp 8+ Offices should now work. I have run some tests on live during the week and earlier this morning after the final code changes were added.

This means that Mid level and where applicable High level offices now function. This also adds two new office types for Corps - Exploration (Derelicts) and Passengers.

The addition of these two new types means that we also added a new range of Shake and Bakes to Genesis (these are Exploration Drones for Corps) and also some new Specials (Corp Shake and Bake) for Corporations. You may or may not see these depending on your Genesis / Corp levels but they will unfurl and be craft-able as you level.

These mid level offices are aimed at the corporation that has some mid level crew and ships and will give you new options.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!