Harvesters Released

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Harvesters Released

Post by Coops »

Last week the Nebula became 'visable' to scanners. Earlier this week we added 40 new resources to the game - Today we add Harvesters.

To start with don't get Harvesters confused with Extractors. The latter are the 'lazy man's tool' to collect resources from ORSA spawn points on planets with an ORSA Office. Safe, easy to figure and with a calculator you can almost predict your weekly income and resource collection.

Harvesters are somewhat different. A: They can only be deployed in Nebulas. B: they require ORSA Faction and Survey Skill.

They are player made (yes the schematics have been released. 27 new schematics for you to collect.) The schematics are the first in a line of items that will force Set owners to work along side non set owners. I'll let you figure that out for yourselves.

The new Harvesters come in 8 models, based on Level, and ORSA rank. They have a Max extraction rate but dont expect to always pull all the resources out of the nebula at the max rate.

So what can you get from a Nebula ?

Well there are some of your old friends in there and some new ones too. These new ones will be needed when you have all finished the current Galactic Research project. (well that is if you want some nice Dark Matter items to fit to your ships) :)

A few words of Caution :

Harvesters require Dyz Fuel.
Harvesters are 'Hopper to Cargo Hold' only (by design)
Harvester cannot be recalled unless empty.
Harvesters cannot be remote controlled - (there is a view top right drop down)
Harvester dump their remaining fuel when recalled!
Recalling a Harvester and re-deploying it will make it begin to look for a new resource.
Harvesters can ONLY locate resources (at random) within your Survey Skill rating.

Lastly no we wont give out a list of what resource requires what skill level - That's for you to discover.
Harvesters were not designed like extractors, so don't expect them to be cheap to craft (or easy) and they will require some work to get the best from them.

Have fun....

Coops

P.S I haven't said this for a while in a Dev post BUT : The obvious applies, if you find a loophole, bug AND do not report it, then go on and use it to your advantage I will lock your account. Exploitation is not tolerated - its simply not fair on the rest of the players. I have recently (last few weeks) had to lock a few accounts from players I would not have expected to be 'caught exploiting'. So please - if you find a bug report it.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!