New Guides Site

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

New Guides Site

Post by Coops »

As you may be aware I'm ploughing through changes on DEV to do with new player experience and trying to help them with the 'Early Stages'. One thing that struck me last week was the poor guides we have been offering when it comes to those linked inside the missions and also inside the 'New Player Guide'.

So I took it upon myself this weekend to create a new site that is dedicated to Guides. This is not a wiki and has nothing to do with the Wiki. It s Dev run Guides site designed to pictorially help players get through the steep learning curve here at Core-Exiles.

I have re-created all the initial guides that were were offering up. New images, new take on things and all from a new players Point of View. I've revamped the 'New Player Guide' section inside the game and these guides now link (in new windows) to the new fresh guides.

I have also re-linked those NPC mission guides that were designed to help new players from inside the new player missions.

Overview : This is a new attempt at helping new players. It will be added to over the coming weeks and months as I get time to write new guides. I hope to add pictorial guides for ALL the Primary and secondary professions and cover all the 'elements of CE' that players struggle to get to grips with.

You can access the Guides site Direct should you wish Via : http://guides.core-exiles.com/
If you want a guide adding and think it will help new players or solve confusion over a certain aspect of CE please drop me a line and let me know.

Coming Soon : Shortly I will be hacking about the New Player Missions on live. It's not going to be easy as I nee dot pick my time carefully and edit those who have these missions open. New 'Entry Level' missions will be added at the same time. These will also have new guides to help new players through these elements.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: New Guides Site

Post by Coops »

I've been steadily plodding away at the Guides Site now for a while and we are now up to 25 Guides (step by step guides) along with 68 FAQ's added. You can simply enter a keyword into the search engine and it will begin automatically filtering base don the words you type and what we have written.

The last ones added were guides on Mining using Drones and Mining from Nebula using Harvesters. I've tried in each guide to be as logical as possible whilst working through them with live examples. The guides are unbiased from a player point of view and give you as much information as we feel is needed.

Sometimes leaving you the important parts to go figure out like 'Which Drone or Harvester' for instance.

Find the Guides Section OVER HERE

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: New Guides Site

Post by Coops »

Seems when updating the guides (from inside the game) I missed completely the THREE New Player Guides. These opened inside the game, not in a new window and were Soooooo out of date I was shocked!

These have today been re-written and republished on the new Guides Site. The internal page links to those guides now opens in a new window and allows new players the chance to follow along as they read these new player guides.

I have taken all day to redo the first two and reworded and linked in the crafting example to the third.

Hopefully these will aid somewhat the issue we see with new players (those that READ) :lol:

Coops