More Schems, Pods & Engineering items!

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

More Schems, Pods & Engineering items!

Post by Coops »

In the past two weeks we have added a number of 'unsung' items to the game these have been in most cases extensions of lines relating to things like Blitz and Hammer reactors. A new line of Fusion Reactors.

Increased the line of Teslas and bought out an extension to Cutters. Also we added a new line of TW-NRC's extending the usefulness of the NRC range.

Yesterday I also added a new line of PODS in to the game. For those of you that don't know pods can be fitted to the Pod section of your ship. You have 10 pod points to spend on pods so choose wisely when purchasing them.
Pods come in two formats, firstly the Player made 'Engineered' versions. These come from engineered modules and resources, using up all that debris you find in loot.

Engineering requires you to have an active Premium Account but the end products can be sold and used by anyone (Captain level permitting).

The new pods are :

Taser Shield Generator 1,2,3,4

The Shield Generator series is a clever piece of technology, and will take 1 unit of Bio fuel and converts the expended energy to a shield burst energising your shields.

For the Shield Generator to function you must be moving in normal space. It will not work inside jump gates. This type of device can be used in conjunction with other non-pod 'shield replenishing' devices.
Only one Shield Generator Pod can be fitted at any one time.

Lastly we have also added a new set of specials (been a while since we added any new specials)

Thor Energy Booster Pack 1,2,3,4 (Player made)

You can look them up in the CEDR. These are a larger version of the baby versions we added when we first started the game. Should prove useful. These have 6 module parts to each one and the primary build.
With these added that brings us up to 986 craft / engineer player made items in game.

With the start of research in to 'Dark Matter' that number is only going to climb and those of you holding on to Alien resources will be patting yourselves on the back :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!