Player Market & Change to Emporium Advertising

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Player Market & Change to Emporium Advertising

Post by Coops »

Player Market Removal - 1st June
I recently made common knowledge that we are planning on Removing the Player Market from the Game. this is now confined and the date for the Final removal will be the Morning of the 1st of June. On the morning any items left on the Player Market will be returned to their seller.

We will remove all Player Market code and promenade entries and refund to any Settlement owners the slot taken and also the purchase cost of the building they had to have to deploy a PM.

The Player Market is poorly used these days with the wide availability of the Emporiums. In fact since adding them a few years back they have handled over 51 Billion credits in sales.

Player Emporium Advertising
Today I have REMOVED the need for An Emporium adversing license. If you view the Galactic Emporium now (From the Game Info Tab) it lists all the Emporiums OPEN with stock for sale.

IF you purchased an Emporium Adversing license through the CE official Store you are more than welcome to claim a Gift Certificate to be issued to you for the value of the Advertising license. I will need you to PM me with the Store Sale number. These look like this : Order Number: AB-XXXX where the X's are the order number.

I will then issue you with a Gift Certificate you can use at any future date when you wish on items from the CE store or add it to a future larger order. I'm offering this service as a fair trade for your past support to CE. Please note this refund only affects those who purchased an advertising license through the Official CE Store.

I will be remaining players over the month about the closing of the Player Market whilst I hunt down all the references to it game wide and prepare for the removal.

Emporium Primer Guide < Click the link to review the Primer guide for opening an Emporium.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Player Market & Change to Emporium Advertising

Post by Coops »

Update to this post : I have today started removing access to the Player Market. So far I've removed methods to POST to the player market. Should you find I've missed one please let me know or a member of staff via chat or a direct PM.

The PM has been around for over 10 years now so there were A LOT fo links to the PM. This initial section removes access through the Ships Stores when docked. (the primary method for posting to the PM),

I have also cleaned up posting resources and commodities to 'other' players through here from your Cargo Bay.

Next stage comes on the 1st when we 'Close' the Player markets and remove them from the game. Along with some balancing for Settlement that have them.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!