Barge Events Begin

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Barge Events Begin

Post by Coops »

I've held off so far on releasing the Barge event system until someone was Near Level Six. Now we have a few of you approaching that level so I've spent the day on Dev testing and re-testing Barge events and just a few minutes ago rolled them to Live.

I thought I'd post a few notes on the Events system and a few guides on what to do and what NOT to do.

New Button on Barge Mining Operations
I have added a new button on the end of the current buttons. 'Logs' This initially will just show you some information and a few early tips. Once you have your first event it will be listed there and you can review the event outcome.

Barge Events - Level six
First off you wont get a Barge event until you breech level six. Secondly they only appear when your Mining. How many you get really is a length of string. 1 for sure per Mining operation, some may get more as mining barge Operations depend on the size of your hold and your power cells and lastly your Fitted lasers.

Event Types
Unlike normal CE events in other areas Barge events are not classified as Good or Bad events. Sure you might see your barge being attacked by Pirates as bad, but if you are ready for them spent the prerequisite skills then you're more likely to walk away with a Bounty and some goodies for your trouble.

I mention the fact that they are 'Not Classified' as good or bad to try and get across the point that each Event can have many outcomes. Initially your going to SUCK at this. Engineering, Asteroid Field, Pirate Activity, Diplomacy At Work - these events are going to challenge your AI to start with.

You are going to have to start to THINK about sinking more and more points into various areas of the A.I.

Initially your going to Fail epically at most events. You will loose credits and small chunks of Barge XP. But over time your going to get better at these events and eventually you will be King of the Event system, reaping in fat rewards and bounties and yes Barge XP.

The sliding scale for an event outcome goes from diabolically bad to Super star status. YOU will have to figure out which events you want to work on being good (initially) at and sure eventually becoming good at them all.

Abilities and Defensive items
You NEED to consider what you're doing and why you might suck at some events more than others. Do you have a Gun Fitted? By gun I mean an actual gun and not just two mining lasers? What about all those shiny abilities. They ALL add something to your event outcomes.

You can save a lot of sinking 'AI skill points' by utilizing the Abilities. Sure you cant access many of them just yet but plan ahead. Look at Combat Armour, Damage Boosts. Unlock and fit a shield then unlock Shield Boosts. Diplomacy boosts, there is more than one way to settle a gun fight right?

Of course lets not over look Hired Guns. If you want to be totally safe from combat events why not unlock the next tier of Hired Guns.

WARNING : If you do - you wont get attacked until you breech the security of that level of Hired Gun. Why is that a warning coops - Read back to where I said 'getting loots and bounties'. Barges are no different to other areas of CE, its about personal choices.

You could choose to unlock Hired Guns (the next one) and work on the mastering the 'other' events first? Another choice.

Whilst you won't see the actual math behind the event outcome there is some pretty wacky stuff going on in there. I'm taking into account the prevalent Skill OR Skills that affect that event type and also Every booster Event there is related to that event type. I'm also throwing in a dash of random +/- to ensure not every outcome is the same.

Once you all have down pat the Event types and the way they affect you I'll open it up to others to submit Events. For now your stuck with my Coops Events :)

Remember they wont start till you breech level six and YES you can and WILL loose barge XP and ship based credits initially.

Have Fun... errr or not... ?

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!