Resource & Commodity Lookup - NEW

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Resource & Commodity Lookup - NEW

Post by Coops »

A few days ago I said that I would now start working on a review of the New Player Experience in Core-Exiles. Well I've made a start lol. One of the things that I'm always seeing in Chat is questions about Resources. What are they worth, where do they come from etc.

Whilst we can't always 'Give' players 'Exact' details we always try to give them a nudge in the right direction. CE now has 668 Resources & Commodities. That's a LOT for anyone to remember and balance in their heads.

So I have created a Resource & Commodity Lookup. This is a single screen that draws on a lot of Data, thus depending on your internet pipe it may take a few seconds to grab and draw everything.

This view gives you live data access to all 668 resources. The Joes and TDK Prices, if its currently on the G.B.M and what the highest price currently is. Also if the resource listed on any ones Emporium and the lowest price if it is. If there is a Emporium selling the resource it also provides info on where its for sale.

Lastly and this is somewhat 'work in progress' there is an INFO Hover icon. This will look up where the resource / commodity can be looted / collected from. I have been through the primary professions for this so it doest cover them all but we shall see how this works out and if its liked I'll add the rest.

Personal Note:
I'm aware that there is an issue if you sort by numbers. This is a data-table issue with the version we are using. Sadly there are some legacy issues to overcome before we can simply update it lol. 11 Years of coding have some real ugly side affects. But for the purpose of the display it really is not a major issue.

VI / Blind Users - I'm aware at this time that for SOME of you the Hovers may not work. This is because this screen is designed ot be used both in and out of the game. I'm looking into adding a VI check so that the hovers become more VI friendly.

Accessing the new Screen
As stated above it can NOW be accessed from in game via the 'Game Info' Tab. IT opens in a new window ad you can book mark THAT url and access it any time you like - logged in or not.

For those far to lazy here's the : View Directly

Have fun folks and don't forget to push NEW players at it when they start asking about resources.

Coops

P.S we will be making changes to the Player Market (Removing it) and changing how Emporium Advertising works (Revamping) This is a gentle heads up I'll post more on that before the changes.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!