Happy New Year 2009

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Happy New Year 2009

Post by Coops »

I would like to wish all our players & staff a very happy New Year! Without you the players and your feedback and suggestions and the staff giving their time freely to support the game we would not have got so far in 2008.

As for 2009 we have lots of plans on the whiteboard to move through to development and release. We have Settlement Level 6 to come this year which will see the addition of player made ships and also player made Starbases. These will allow players to not only own a settlement on the ground but begin to stake out real areas of space on the map.

With the release of the Buddy Program many of you that wanted friends and family to play along side you from the same location can now do that with a full 30 day Free upgrade to PA status for you and your friends.

We have gained over 7500 players since our re-release earlier last year from that we have a solid player base of around a 1000 players. Sadly only a small % decide to take part in the forums and even a smaller amount in chat but we will strive to increase this number in 2009.

The control of the Expanse by human players has started to expand and as it does so will the boundaries of human habitation, with settlements and even Starbases able to be deployed in the Alien Expanse.

We have plans to expand the role of outlaws and pirates this year (as they have been the underdogs since the release) and also the addition of many new NPC's are on the cards.

Lastly please bear in mind we are not a large corporate company and that only Prev and Myself work as developers on this game along with artwork by Gravenmetal and a few close supporters who work together to provide content. We will all work towards building you a better Core-Exiles but at the end of the day it's you the players that really mould the Universe.

Have a great new year and a prosperous 2009.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!