Settlement Tourism

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Settlement Tourism

Post by Coops »

A small cry from the wilderness broke my line of thought this morning, concerning settlement Tourism and it's research.

Months back I added the ability for Settlements to add 'Union Offices' to their list of options on offer. Along side these I added settlement 'tourism buildings'. These increase your settlement 'Tourism Rate'.

Opening a union office allows for passengers to be generated from your settlement wanting to 'go' to other locations. It also allows passengers (those 16,000 + passengers out there) to request to be taken too your settlement.

Raising your 'Tourism Rate' increases the amount of passengers that your Union Office can handle and the volume that is generated. (IE keeping the office as full as possible). Don't forget the settlement ONLY earns credits from Union for passengers TAKEN (and delivered) too their destination FROM the settlement.

So far no surprises - But what I had missed was the following!

I had added Tourism 'Research' BUT forgotten to activate the button. (seems I was a bit distracted that day) :)
This allows you to increase your Tourism 'INCOME' by a % (incrementally larger as you invest more SRP over time in researching this topic) This figure is linked to your Settlements Passive income from Tourism. This is the part I intended to activate (and now have).

If you visit your settlement 'overview' screen you will see I've added some extra information here. This shows your Tourism Rate and the passive income generated by the visitors to your settlement. This is based off a lot of factors but the Primary ones are your Tourism rate (increased by tourism buildings) Your Tech, Law and Settlement level.

So those with a Tourism Rating in the '+' will now be receiving a passive income from tourists. Please note this is 'as it should have worked' and does not in any way change the way Union Passenger income is generated.

It's not often I miss such a large chunk of code or that its not spotted and pulled up much quicker. I guess all the settlement owners have been talking in private and not in the Forums where its needed :)

Anyway - as of today's maintenance run on settlements you will receive the extra credits showing for 'Daily Tourism Income'.

Coops

P.S you can thank a CSA for spotting this.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!