Updates & Things to Come

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Updates & Things to Come

Post by Coops »

It's been a while since we posted a Dev Log so I thought I'd cover a few of the recent changes and also prime you for one to come.

We've been working hard over here in the dungeon, errr I mean offices of CE and as both Prev and I have 'real lives' to lead as well its not always possible to roll something new out every week, but we try :)

Expanse - Part 2
The Expanse has been open to those of you over level 30 and with the correct 'Special Item' to visit since the launch of CE. There are over 50 systems in the Expanse and currently you will notice that you run into our 'less than friendly' Aliens who stop you going very far. How you get further is for you to figure but all will become revealed I'm sure by the player base as the story unfolds.

Part one had the Expanse opened and enabled you to fight and exploit in Alien territory. We all waited then until you all managed to finish Lt Lutacs last contract. Now that's done the Coalition forces has managed to finish building and assemble 'Coalition 1' as a foot hold station in the Expanse.

That means that those of you at a higher level and perhaps looking for a new challenge can actually fight in the expanse and not end up back in Sharia every five minutes :)

We have also adjusted the XP and credits gained by fighting Aliens. At this time the station in the Expanse has limited functionality but will offer a home for those explorers and combateers amongst you. Over time we will be opening up the station to have its own NPC's and the usual hustle and bustle of a normal station.

Plotter
We try our best in Core-Exiles to add as much help as possible for new players. Recently adding the Pictorial Help guides (top left drop down). Today has seen the addition of a 'Router Plotter' to the game. The code for this was designed by one of our longest serving CSA's (hats off to Robin) and we have passed this on to you the 'player' to use.

It's simplistic in its actions but will allow new players to Core-Exiles to at least find their way around without feeling to much like a small fish in a very large ocean. You can access the plotter from the Jump Gate screen (after all that's where you need it most) :)

It opens in a separate window so you can keep it there for following the directions as you go. If you are an old hand at CE and have already memorised the 100+ systems and their locations you probably wont need the plotter - for the new players it will be invaluable. (It might even stop the barrage of PM's I get asking how do I get from A-Z) :)

Mechs & PVP
There is an upcoming add-on for the game. We used to have a PVP based option within the game for ship VS ship combat. It was never easy to make work and needed a lot of extra time and energy to make it really functional. It was there as many players like a PVP side to games (personally not my cuppa).
As such CE is not a PVP game (don't worry we are not changing) lol. but a bit of friendly rivalry always helps. judging by the hits on the stats pages each day.

The new system will be open to all players over level 10 and will enable you to craft a series of Mech's. These will start off cheap and work their way up. Once you have a mech you will then be able to place the mech in the new Town Combat zones (what you've not been reading the ISN news!!!)

Combat is unattended and depends entirely on your choice of Mech, AI, Weapons, Armour and a smattering of Luck!

The Assemble of mechs will be open to all (no skill required) but you will either need to be friendly with a low level crafter of at least have some basic crafting skills to manufacture the basic parts of you Mech.

The Combat Zones are spread over three areas of the 'Specially created Town' and your mechs will wander the streets looking for enemy mechs (or friendly fellow team mechs). You can remove your mechs for repair (or disassembly).

Mech combat is purely for Fun there is no XP value added although you can make some money by winning combat rounds :)

That's all for now folks but thought you'd like some idea of what it is we are up to :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!