Exit Combat Change

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Exit Combat Change

Post by Coops »

Exiting combat has always been an option, and often a sensible one. As per my last post we have made changes to losing combat and being crippled. Not wishing to be unfair we have also changed 'Exiting Combat'. ;) (We are kind like that) :eek:

Some of our new players don't read to well, or suffer from 'gimme a gun I want to kill, kill, kill' syndrome. This leads to uninformed decisions about what to fight and before they know it they are 5,000 credits or more in the red and little or no insight as to how to climb back out.

So we decided to be kind to Captains up to and inclusive of level 10. From now on when leaving combat at those lower levels you will receive an XP charge (based off the ship you ran from) and not a credit based one. Gaining back some missing XP is far easier for a new Captain than trying to earn credits.

So as not to make those of you above level 10 feel left (everyone duck!) You will now find that when exiting combat you get hit not only by the normal Credit cost but also now an XP one. Again both are based off the stats of the ship you are running from.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!