Penalty On Cripple

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Penalty On Cripple

Post by Coops »

Up till now most Captains 'laughed in the face of combat' and only moaned at the loss of fuel should they inadvertently lose a battle and ended up being towed back to base.

Well no more, from today we have implemented a penalty across the board when over level 10 and loosing a combat via cripple. (not escape).

From Level Zero to Level 10 (inclusive) you are safe and will only loose the prescribed amount of fuel for your Capitan Level. No loss of cargo, XP or Credits will be incurred so for this level no real change.

Once Over Level 10 (11 and above) you will incur a loss of Cargo (including mission cargoes) XP and Credits along with the normal fuel loss. You will also find that you no longer receive the nice repair back up to 100 % on the armour and hull as before.

This change has been on the whiteboard for a while now but has been bought to our attention by a few Captains strange and unnecessary love of crippling their ships for fun.

As a sign of fairness I have reduced (fairly dramatically) the fuel lost when loosing combat and being towed back to a near by base.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!