Verec-Per Part 2

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Verec-Per Part 2

Post by Coops »

Verec-Per Stage 2

Original Post Coops on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:40 pm

Whilst we had the server down for a small patch to the combat Offices we thought we would roll out the second slice of the Verec-Per update.

Some of you were questioning 'how to access' the NPC's and Stores in Verec-Per and some were frustrated that they could not see any progress on this subject - to quote one player ' I don't mind looking I just don't want to burn fuel and waste it'.

We had intended to add a system by which you could - 'view' your VP standing but we wanted to test it more before releasing it. So that's what we have been up to for the last 24 hours :)

Should you venture in to the Verec-Per Galaxy you will see that there is now a new progress bar on the right hand side of the top of the screen. Whilst in VP this replaces the ships name. Once back in a non VP Galaxy the information reverts back.

Some of you had already gained a few standing points whilst others none, but to show we are not completely mean we have given every one a small amount of Verec-Per standing points to get them going.

Please read the following : The Verec-Per Galaxy is a large add-on and as such there is a lot of content there. We decided to make it something players would have to 'work at' and not like the current Galaxies where you walk up, walk in or start up a conversation with an NPC.

You will need to do some leg work and also some brain work. We will NOT be telling you HOW you get VP Standing nor will any of the staff (unless they want my boot up their #ss) :D

Don't expect to walk in to a strange Galaxy expect to be greeted with open arms and trusted from the word go. The Verecians are slow to trust and you must earn that trust. How ? Well do what you do every day. We haven't hidden how you get to gain standing with the Verecian's but it is a slow and lengthy process. One thing I will tell you is that each NPC's and Stores will require a certain amount of standing before they will talk or open their doors.

Lastly we have released the new Verecian Ships to the VP Galaxy. Be careful as they may not all be what they appear :)

Enough from me- Go play!
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!