Engineering

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Engineering

Post by Coops »

Following my post yesterday regarding Premium Accounts (PA) and upcoming additions, I am pleased to announce the first addition (or Perk) for Premium Account holders.

(PLEASE NOTE: Following a post in the General Discussion area, I would like to point out that all future additions will be suitably balanced !!)

I will briefly explain the process, requirements, and uses for the end products.

STEP 1
Firstly, to get started in Engineering, you will need a Premium Account, and at least one Blueprint. Blueprints are available from a store to be found somewhere in the Sphere (not telling where :p). They are not trade able (as with schematics) and while in the Store, you will be shown those you own, and those you don't. Purchase the Blueprints that you want, and away you go...

STEP 2
Once you have the Blueprints, you can then go off and find an Engineering Processing Station (E.P.S). There are a number of E.P.S stations dotted around the galaxies on promenades. Enter the E.P.S, and you will be presented with the list of Blueprints that you own. If you do not own any Blueprints, a message will inform you that you don't own any. Those familiar with the crafting process will recognise the displays that you will get with the E.P.S. Choose the item that you would like to build, and click the "Engineer Item" button to enter the build stage. As with crafting, if you have the sub components required, you will be able to build the item...

STEP 3
Once you have finished your engineering, the item will be placed automatically into the modules/crafting area of your ship store for later use...

Engineering Item Use
The products that are constructed through the E.P.S are Engineered modules, and will appear in schematics. Any schematics that you already have will automatically show the new module requirements (if applicable) so you need to nothing on that front...
So, What do I Need to Engineer?
Simple, you need 4 things...

1. A Premium Account
2. A Blueprint
3. Sub Components
4. Captain Level

Once you have these 4 items, you can go find an E.P.S (and Blueprint Store perhaps?) and start Engineering

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!