QTD Load Like CS?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

QTD Load Like CS?

Post by Holiday »

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the QTD screen load the same way the commercial storage loads? so it's not trying to load every item all at once but rather to have it so you have the option to search for what you want or to click on a tab and show only the selected resources? I'm sure I'm not the only unorganized person in the game who has forgotten items all over, especially in expanse.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Zoorland

Re: QTD Load Like CS?

Post by Zoorland »

I haven't forgotten items all over (not even in the Expanse!), but only because I obsessively check multiple times a day to make sure there's nothing at any location it shouldn't be. :shock:

However, I would love this change. As someone with a less-than-stellar internet connection, sometimes it can take 15 to 30 seconds for the QTD page to fully load. Horrendous, I know. :roll: Also as someone with a less-than-stellar head for names, sometimes it can take even longer for me to find a resource on that page. "I know I want that one dark matter resource, but what was it called again? Quomoren? Keratin? Chronocross? ...Susan?" Chromogen. It's Chromogen. But I'll only realize that once I search for Chronocross and see Chromogen sitting there instead. If we had tabs like the CS and CSTS pages it would be a big help on those bad days.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/me makes a note on the whiteboard here in the office (on a Bank Holiday Monday / with a steaming migraine) lol.

I'll review it and see what is feasible.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

I really like the current system of all view I normally use the qtd to dock at my stores and bring out all the stuff once per day if all view be removed I be have to search all the tab if any thing be left any where
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

ach.... i wouldn't like it, but i could see where this could help some people... i wonder how difficult it would be to make that optional?
mropso

Post by mropso »

If you are going to do this please let us keep searches between actions.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

lol - and we see suddenly how much players views / wishes differ :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
mropso

Post by mropso »

You weren't planning to please everyone all the time were Coops? ;)
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

mropso wrote:You weren't planning to please everyone all the time were Coops? ;)
Why does P T Barnum suddenly spring to mind? :lol:
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

i made the suggestion after getting frustrated waiting and waiting for the qtd screens to load and my screen reader constantly freezing up. so i didn't think about making it optional and having it remember searches between actions but i do really like that too...also with other parts lol. the ability to have it always load something, some specific tab every time until you change it would be really nice especially.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes