Mech Buffs - Power Ups/Power Downs

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Rexx Shredd

Mech Buffs - Power Ups/Power Downs

Post by Rexx Shredd »

So, while i was getting my nails manicured today (while under a hair dryer) my gorgeous brain (encased in my even more gorgous head) came up with a SO delightful idea that I decided to share it with all you regular people:

I thought a great way to spice up the Mech Arena (besides having a Dress Shoe Gala) would be the creation of Buff Bots/ Buff Drones...what these lil guys do is appear horizontally and vertically and walk straight lines on and off the grid - as soon as one disappears, another one appears. (Im not sure how many should be on the grid at any one time) Each one of these little guys carries a different buff. I was thinking of some and these can include ( and PLEASE, if you like my wonderful idea and hair, add your ideas as well):

Armor Regen
100% Armor Repair (if you already have 100% armor, this one does nothing - it only works if you were damaged before running into the buff, not afterward)
10% Damage increase
25% Damage Increase
10% Defense increase
25% Defense Increase
Speed X 2
Speed X 4
Teleporter (teleports you to a random part of the arena - even if engaged in Combat)
Swap (Randomly picks any mech in the arena and Swaps positions - this CAN INCLUDE Mechs in combat)
Glue (Glues your mech to a spot for 2 or 3 turns - in combat, this reduces your Speed to 1)
Rexx Centerfold ( Your mech is distracted and does nothing - even in Combat - for 2 turns as it is mesmerized by a devilishly sexy poster of yours truly laying on a beach in golden thong)

If your Mech happens to run into one of these, you receive a buff that you hold onto it (or the duration of a timed buff like Rexx Centerfold or Glue) until you run into another one that could have the same or different buff

If two mechs are in Combat and a Buff Drone walks into that square, a random number is drawn to decide which Mech gets the buff

During Staff/Player Competitions, this can be spiced up by having ST-Specific and PL-Specific Buff Bots in the arena

A column can be added to Mech Overview as a Buff Status per each Mech

Awesome right? <Thumbs Up>
Last edited by Rexx Shredd on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Re: Mech Buffs - Power Ups/Power Downs

Post by aRJay »

:o What an awesome idea Rexx.

This has the potential of making Mech Combat fun even when there are only a few mechs in the arena.

I would add these Buff Drones.
Nitrous 1 - mech goes twice as far for the next move. (doesn't work on Defensive AIs)
Nitrous 2 - mech goes twice as far for the next two moves. (doesn't work on Defensive AIs)
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i'd say put a limit on how long the attack and def buffs last, like... 42 turns or something?
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

Rexx Shredd wrote:So, while i was getting my nails manicured today (while under a hair dryer) >

really ey? I think something's wrong with that statement... :p

but the idea is amazing, however it is put in to the game.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Holiday wrote:
Rexx Shredd wrote:So, while i was getting my nails manicured today (while under a hair dryer) >

really ey? I think something's wrong with that statement... :p
You are SO correct -- what I should have said was "while i was getting my nails manicured today (while under a hair dryer) and eating bon-bons" <Thumbs Up>

From a whiteboard standpoint, I was thinking that maybe that all the bots be neutral in the coding and, when they encounter a player, a random gen number decides on which buff to pull from an array.....this way, if two mechs are in combat (occupying one square) and a buff bot walks in, TWO random numbers are generated and each Mech gets a buff

I was also thinking that a Neutralizer Bot should exist -- this is a debuff that removes any buff