Something to boost mining?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Something to boost mining?

Post by Akkamaddi »

As a mine-aholic, I'd love to see some schematics to make lower-level boosts to mining.

Just as an idea:

Gravitonic Orthogonal Bi-phased Retrofluxer (GOBR)
Weapon mount
Mk-1 ... Captian 15 ... Device 75 .... Energy 600 ..... Mining laser trigger pull bonus +3% ... Cargo +5
Mk-2 ... Captian 30 ... Device 125 ... Energy 1400 ... Mining laser trigger pull bonus +6% ... Cargo +10
Mk-3 ... Captian 45 ... Device 200 ... Energy 2400 ... Mining laser trigger pull bonus +9% ... Cargo +15

"The Gravitonic Orthogonal Bi-phased Retrofluxer, or GOBR in the parlance of miners, is a device by Shatterstat LTD that stores and back-washes orthogonally phased virtual gravitons into a ship's power conduits. This is phased power refluxing technology similar to that used by the Hammer Reactor. It is so similar, in fact that The Murcheson Powerplant Corp has bound Shatterstat LTD in intellectual property lawsuits for years. Recently, Shatterstat LTD given up on pursuit of commercialization, and instead licensed the schematics for authorized public use.

"The result of the GOBR infusing the virtual gravitons into the power system, done through directly connecting it to a weapon mount, is seen when a mining laser is also attached and fired. While the virtual gravitons are short lived and have little effect on most energy or kinetic weapons, the gravitons charging a mining laser become much more finely multi-plane polarized. The effect is an enhancement to the "trigger pull" bonus of a mining laser. It has no effect on other weapons, nor does it allow other weapons to be used as a mining laser.

"Furthermore the cloud of virtual orthogonally phased gravitons, while harmless, has a weak dampening effect on the properties of mass and inertia. While this can lead to very fun party games, it also allows a small increase on the cargo a ship can safely haul. While the effect is small, some miserly captians have been known to equip one or two of these to safely haul a few extra crates of cargo."
Rexx Shredd

Re: Something to boost mining?

Post by Rexx Shredd »

There are enough goobers that play this game, why would you want to intentionally make a goober?

GOBR.....whatever
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

don't goobers also worship you?
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

well ideally I prefer some more booster for scan rateing for mining but the idea of boost to laser bonus is not bad also after new changes to mining , no booster is enough to get you to adv mine or furnace gas :) so having more such item which boost mining be cool :)
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

siddharth wrote:well ideally I prefer some more booster for scan rateing for mining but the idea of boost to laser bonus is not bad
I think the Ribbelz ate my first attempt at a reply. :(

The easiest way to get a higher base scan bonus is to make the Babylon pods multi-fit, which could allow a massive boost to mining skill.

This is a bit more toned down. By taking a weapon slot, it leaves your three system slots free for your asteroid scanners. The mark 1 basically lets a low level player make their mining laser the equivalent of the next model up, while at level 45, for a significant outlay of power, you can make your mining laser better than the next model up.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

on topic, or not on topic:
We are just testing the high end scanners, with some Alien salvagers out here possible the Rigal scanners become more common so that a boost is possible also via the scanners. Until we know what surprise the devs have for us prepared with the max scan rate it is hard to say any pro or contra.
Remember, nowhere is written that getting at the top of any professions is/should be easy (at least in CE).
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Sukayo wrote:on topic, or not on topic:
with some Alien salvagers out here possible the Rigal scanners become more common so that a boost is possible also via the scanners.
I think that this is an order of magnitude (or two or three) below the increase of a Rigal scanner.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

A boost to mining? All i can see are haulers running around with two mining lasers equipped at all times...
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hunbaba wrote:A boost to mining? All i can see are haulers running around with two mining lasers equipped at all times...

Well, if the cargo boost is truly a problem, the obvious solutions are
- Make it single fit.
- Reduce the bonus (+2/+4/+6, or +4/+8/12 if single fit).
- Eliminate the cargo bonus entirely.

Although, to your point, what else would haulers use their weapon mounts for?
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Akkamaddi wrote:
Although, to your point, what else would haulers use their weapon mounts for?
I have a visual of asteroid grippers reaching back to clean the engine ports. A ship's equivalent to scratching your backside.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter