Combat Changes

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
siddharth

Combat Changes

Post by siddharth »

with recent cure all and furnace gas etc prices staying high in gbm .
I thought if there be anyof this suggestion implemented be easy to gather the resources and people again start doing combat again in big numbers .
1 if combat table loot be minimized based on salvage loot table or mining thing so we get specific resources in given resources and really thing we look for should not be that we cannot see in 10-15 battles so less resources in combat table and divide resources to find in different galaxies . so if you looking for certain resources will do combat in certain part of game .
2 if not that then combat scanners which will hunt particular ships if they find so they might drop a set of resources drop based on scanner specfications .or scanner which when equipt will drop certain based loot only like a mall which got a list of certain resources only .
well this is only I came up so far . for any comment or alternative ideas welcome as current randomness its hard to get specific resources if it had any pattern I thought it be better :)
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Combat Changes

Post by Darakhoranon »

The main problem with your suggestion is that viable targets for shooting practice depend on your ship/equipment, i.e. once you upgrade to a better ship/noticeably stronger guns, certain enemies become "W.O.A." (read: you can't attack them anymore). Sure, you could keep a smaller/weaker ship and a smaller gun around and switch depending on what you wanted to shoot, but that would require an UHL (i.e. real money/more than a few festive points).

Different loot tables for different galaxies, however, might be a good idea - that wouldn't restrict access to "combat resources" (assuming you can find/shoot viable targets in a given galaxy).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

To me it sounds like a piece of equipment coming from the dark side, so possible sold only in the Furnace in the ships where you need a positive faction with the pirates to dock, and requiring also such standing for equipping the scanner.
Targetting ships by specific loads/goods sounds to me like a pirate tactic, you as the good side will hunt down any enemy, or?
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

Darakhoranon , threat rateing of ship is depend on your equipment and law level you fight at .
so you have better ship and take bigger enemy might only mean you be getting more unit of loot so it will make people kill bigger ship .
its like mining when you start mining max loot per tracter is 8 around but when you around level 100 its 25 max unit . also in salvage having best gear and max skill get you max unit loot per laser fire .
Sukyo :)
well if those scanners be for pirates then guess rest 98% of combat pilot be hunting in dark :D
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

siddharth wrote:Darakhoranon , threat rateing of ship is depend on your equipment and law level you fight at...
Just what I said. My point was that depending on your ship/equipment, quite a few enemies aren't viable targets for you. But if you needed to shoot specific types of ships to get certain loot...
Thus, I think it would be much better if the combat loot tables were dependent on the galaxy and NOT the ships. Sure, it would make sense to find different things in merchant ships than in pirates, but even if that was the case, the loot tables should only differentiate between very broad "general classes" (pirate, trader, etc.).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

i don't think the solution to getting people to do combat again is to make resources easier to find. combat has always been alot of fighting for the resources you do get, and i personally like it that way. and with different galaxies you are more likely to find different resources, it isn't very localized, but you do find ore of certain things say in anvil compared to furnace, and other things more in furnace then in anvil. the prices right now are a combat pilot's dream, and they can be found in good amounts if you want to put in the time. with a couple hours i can easily collect a hundred or so terovite. i think people just don't want to do much combat because 99% of the stuff they find is only usefull under level 45 to turn into to complete NPC missions, and that which is useful they can gather in other places. also with the adddition of new things in game the Ce economey has seen a crazy amount of inflation, i feel weird saying a credit don't go as far as it use to...lol. people have more money so they have the ability to set prices for different things because the credits are easier to make now adays then finding it via combat. the ip investment for combat is alot, so people arn't going to do it because there isn't much of a payoff for being at the top of your combat game, they'll just keep skills low and kill babys because most the ip is in hauling and other more lucrative skills.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes