Passenger Class Bump-ups

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Passenger Class Bump-ups

Post by Sukayo »

There was a discussion in the now old forum about the economics behind union business: http://coreexilesforum.com/index.php?th ... ders.3520/ .
For balance reasons it needs to stay in the exp gain and the credit gain comprable to hauling cargo. With the high level expanders this balance is lost, with the proposed change the balance would be out for lower/mid levels too. So no easy solution at all.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

The most important addition to a Passenger Cabin ( or to a Pod) of any Teir would be a shoe rack......I simply must have a rack for my shoes while I stretch my toesies during a long jump
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Sorry, Rexx, but the most important upgrade for any passenger cabin installed in your ship is a "Rexx Awesomeness Shielding Mk V" (TM) (at least) - not much profit in hauling passengers if they end up dead by your awesomeness before you've made the first jump, right? ;-)

Anyway, more on topic: Is it really a "bad" thing that passenger hauling "levels out" with the new expanders (assuming Sukayo is right about that - I'm not nearly at that level, so...)? What does it matter if hauling passengers no longer is the "optimal" method of printing credits once you reach a certain level/equipment? As far as I am concerned, that only means I can "perfect" the passenger aspect of my career earlier AND STILL continue to improve in other career lines...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

I haven't done a lot of passenger hauling yet, so I don't have experience witht he 'leveling out' part. I would like it if I could sort the passenger list by the headings. Class and destination are the first two to leap to mind.
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

you can use "find" function in your browser, at least for Class search.
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

Thanks!!!!
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

I honestly cannot understand folks asking for bigger cabins, also that has nothing to do with what I was suggesting. And honestly, asking to carry more than 27 passengers at a time seems more like a child asking for more ice cream before dinner. :mrgreen: There is already tons of money to be made just the way it is. Actually, my suggestions would allow a captain to fill up their already existing cabins to the brim, which would solve any issues with bigger cabins; as well as add more credits for the folks that can afford a luxury class accommodation for their guests. Kindly reread my suggestion that is at the beginning of this thread.

I have looked at the ratings of the higher level players (of which I am not,) I do not see what folks are complaining about. At the levels 70 and above there are tons of multimillionaires. In truth, most folks are knocking on the door to billionaire acres. If you put things in perspective, all high level players are richer than they could ever dream of being in real life.

My suggestion is based on making the game more fun, not making my imaginary bank account bigger. And this is from a guy who is called SpaceBucks. I like money... real money. I play the game to have fun and interact with some really cool space-cats. 8-) That even includes Coops :P

Besides, if you want to print money, start a settlement -- where a (wo)man can be a king or queen.

Please consider helping Coops make the game more fun and fair, instead of treating him like Santa Claus or Father Christmas.

Just food for thought.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Coops wrote: I'm off to make a poster for my wall of Rexx on a beach tanning his perfect bottom

<Thumbs Up>