Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Barag

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Barag »

Captain would have ship and crew on their vessel, fly to the appropriate system and deploy the rescue crew. Captain would (remain in place? Or be recalled to pick up crew on completion of mission?) Not sure which option would be best.

Why not set this part up like the Corp ships? I do like the Pilot count per level for ships.
Even make a Rescue Corp. Granted it would be another thing of buildings to add and such.
Put the plots in AI infested areas. Have them with their own power, Deployment facility and research center.
The Advancements could be leveled up thought Pilot's leveling and augment their rescue ability thought research.
Researchable multiple ship and crew sizes. Kind of like a fire department.

Call the faction Elkhorn's Rescue Squad. Hehe.
Barag

Post by Barag »

A special Orbiting Refinery.

This one would be able to accept C.S.T.S. ore transfers.
One for each area (VP, Sphere, Anvil, Forge, and Furnace) in a place that does not have an asteroid field.
They can only be used if your F.O.M. faction is rank 2 or higher.
Give them a different name so they show up under the C.S.T.S. list.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Elkhorn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:41 pm Rescue missions

Overview:

Captains send crewed vessels to AI occupied planets on rescue missions. This could carry over into the return to the core.
Captain would purchase schematics and build the rescue vessels (or hire them made at shipyards/starbases).
Captain would hire a certain number of crew from the Universal Staffing Agency (make-up based on mission level).

Crew would be hired for one mission only, then would return to the staffing agency for other deployments. So, while the ship is reusable, it would have to be crewed for each mission.

An intriguing idea... you sure are full of them @Elk :)

Be happy to hear fellow Exiles thoughts on padding this one out...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Barag wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:06 pm A special Orbiting Refinery.

One for each area (VP, Sphere, Anvil, Forge, and Furnace) in a place that does not have an asteroid field.
I think a Special Orbital Refinery is not what is needed. What would be more useful would be the ability to transfer ores from Commercial Storage to the existing Orbiting Refineries. Quite often I have Ores in my CS which would facilitate my AMR Refineries but without the facility to transfer them my refineries go unused.
Coops would you take a look and see if this is feasible and/or balanced please. Even if this was just the ability to transfer ores via the ship (one load at a time) from the CS to the Orbital Refineries

Regards

Fitz
Barag

Post by Barag »

Fitzbacon wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Barag wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:06 pm A special Orbiting Refinery.

I think a Special Orbital Refinery is not what is needed. What would be more useful would be the ability to transfer ores from Commercial Storage to the existing Orbiting Refineries. Quite often I have Ores in my CS which would facilitate my AMR Refineries but without the facility to transfer them my refineries go unused.
Coops would you take a look and see if this is feasible and/or balanced please. Even if this was just the ability to transfer ores via the ship (one load at a time) from the CS to the Orbital Refineries

Regards

Fitz
I was thinking just the ore needed to make refined ore, not the special stuff.
Fitzbacon

Vacant Settlements

Post by Fitzbacon »

Probably been suggested before....but.....

During my galactic travels I have been coming upon Settlements that are, for one reason or another, the responsibility of the Official Receiver.
It is sad to think that all the effort, and credits, put forth to establish a Settlement, are in the process of being liquidated. And for these settlements to be vaporized to leave a vacuum where they once existed.

My proposal is this:

1. Offer up such settlements to players at a certain cost based upon, Settlement Level, Equipment fitted and Fair Market Value of stored resources. Stored resources to include fair value for all equipment currently in Secure Storage in addition to natural resources. Additional cost would be the amount of debt accrued within the settlement

2. Settlements can only be offered to players who either have no settlement already (and meet minimum requirements for settlement ownership) or to players who have less than the maximum number of settlements already (2)
Obviously cost of settlements offered in this way would vary wildly in cost, probably costing in excess of what a settlement would normally cost to establish from scratch.

3. Settlements offered for sale by Ellie Durant, San Ferran, Descart. Settlements on offer would be available for a limited period only and announced by News Ticker or somesuch (Wave my hands in a request for help here). At the expiry if the offer period and without a sale the Settlement would be vaporized.

4. Upon purchase the new owner will have 7 galactic days to put settlement into good order. This to include settlement finances, settlement staff, settlement defenses and settlement offences. During this time a moratorium on pirate attacks and events is in effect.

Under no circumstances are the contents of such settlements to be revealed with the sales offering. This essentially means the player will be purchasing a settlement based only upon the cost and location. The player must determine him/her self whether the purchase is viable The player will have no idea of the amount of natural resources or ships equipment etc being purchased. In other words Caveat Emptor.

I do understand that this would entail a certain amount of extra work for our stalwart developers but these Settlements in receivership are not a daily or even weekly occurrence. (Guess only)

Additionally, it serves as a good credit sink !!

Regards

Fitz
Barag

Space Kracken Raid

Post by Barag »

Basicly a new short term raid event.

Can use the the CE news feed to report it.
WARNING - The Space Kracken is heading to System X.
Will be there is X amount of time.
It pops in like a pirate raid, but is there for 2 or 3 days.
I am thinking it is the squid version.
It slams/slaps you with it's tentacles and the "missiles part" could be it tries to grab you and either misses or hits you, for crush or a bite attack.
Being living flesh is can have a regen factor to repair damage every so often.
DrOvonar

Post by DrOvonar »

Would be good to have a separate weapons/shield/reactor/cargo expander global market like G.B.M but only for the afore mentioned items. then would have no need for the player personal shops. As i see the Emporiums mostly empty in alot of places. Accessing what is being sold is very limited in personal shops.

just an idea! :)
DrOvonar

Post by DrOvonar »

Had an idea today! Thought i would share with you all and see what you think?
Down at bottom bar on docked screen, next to booster we have a space that could be used to make an instance for exploration on a planet or derelicts for new players to learn about it. (restricted loot table) just locked to level of the captains. With an easy/medium or hard setting. but before they can use it make an Npc for that to get access to run them first^ with a quest line? (which rewards them with the basic kit along quest to start exploring/derelicts.

Let me know what you your thoughts on this please! ;)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

DrOvonar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:42 am Would be good to have a separate weapons/shield/reactor/cargo expander global market like G.B.M but only for the afore mentioned items. then would have no need for the player personal shops. As i see the Emporiums mostly empty in alot of places. Accessing what is being sold is very limited in personal shops.

just an idea! :)
Not sure how this one would work, CE has a DB of over 21,000 items that can be fitted to ships, plus over 14,000 crafted items. The GBM works by players choosing a 'Resources' from a predefined list and offering a contract for X at Y value.

How we would present that in a usable way and how a player would know the going value of any item. Having a contract system like the GBM is going to be a tougher one. So far the Emporiums have shifted 63,046,836 items, creating a revenue of 75,774,597,194 CR.

Open to further discussion, perhaps in a separate thread.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!