Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Coops »

Slurmewerds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:09 pm I think it would be useful to be able to tag a ship type or easier hunting if you'd like to kill specific ships. It's already done for NPC missions but I would like the ability to be able to tag any ship type I want for easier locating in the sometimes long list of ships while scanning. Or a multi tag option for locating several ship types at the same time
Can you expand on what specific missions you want to track IE are you talking Military Offices, Contracts etc.. if you can be specific, I can look into it.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Porrima wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:30 pm With the introduction of new ores not so long ago, perhaps it may be time to extend the Mining Barge past the 22 level past the 22 groups to include these new ores.
The New ores were specifically added at the 'Low / Mid Range' and designed ONLY to be mined. An inceptive for new and mid level captains. They are not designed for Mass / Out of game mining. Sorry. Don't get me wrong, I understand the thought behind this request, but if I added them, then the ores become the same as all the others. Just more of them.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Fitzbacon wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:15 pm Would it be possible to have some higher level combat drones please?
Currently the best combat drone is Drone Hellcat 2
HP : 1900
Drone Max Firepower : 300
Level Requirement: 45

It doesn't last very long against higher up enemies..

Thanks much

Fitz
Perhaps some suggestions rather than me picking them out of my Dev Hat. Give me an extended range and I'll give it a look.

Coops
Fitzbacon

Orbiting Refineries

Post by Fitzbacon »

This post is in reference to the Orbital Refineries and specifically to the function of the refineries as it relates to the manufacture of Refined Ore from Regular Ore.

Currently I have 4 Deep Core Heavy Retrieval MK3 drones they have been down 30 days and have dropped off at the refinery a total of 330K of Ore.
Now I have a refining skill of 500 and this will afford me 33K of Refined Ore should I choose to avail myself of those facilities available on the Orbiting Refineries

At the same time I have a mining barge down which has mined 80K of regular ore since being placed.
Added to this I have over 2 Million units of Ore in my Commercial Storage on my Settlement.

Also on my Settlement I have running 4 different CES Refineries and these all require Refined Ore to produce their stuff. The other requirements of the CES refineries are obtainable from resources mined by the Settlement Itself (Water, Dyz Fuel etc)

What this means is that there is no reliable source of Refined Ore in the known galaxy. The only foolproof method of obtaining Refined Ore is through the Orbiting Refineries at a maximum return of 10 percent of Ore deposited.
I have an enormous amount of Ore on my Settlement and more being produced every day but no way I can turn that into a resource for my CES Refineries to use.

Currently we can transfer Ore to the Orbiting refinery ship load by ship load (in my case 2300 units) but with perhaps a million plus units to transfer would take some time.

My proposal is to have the facility in the Orbiting Refinery of using a QTD to transfer Ore from Commercial Storage to the refinery. This will greatly aid those who like me need large amounts of refined ore.
To offset this needed addition to game play, I would advocate that the same return on refining be maintained….In my case 10 percent with a skill of 500.
Added to this would be that each transfer would count as 2 on the QTD rather than one.

Thanks

Fitz
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I also would like to see some means to transferring resources TO a orbital refinery, via QTD or CSTS whichever is easier.

However, just to quibble about "no reliable source of Refined Ore" comment, Ref Ore is dirt cheap and readily available
on the markets. Also, there is a line of Titan Refinery PODS, which convert raw ore in your CS into Refined Ore, while you
are logged out! but they do use a small amount of bio-fuel (NOT Dyz) and are store only purchases. Perhaps making a
craftable version of this pod is an option?