Coops Challenge category : Recycling

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Coops Challenge category : Recycling

Post by Akkamaddi »

So, there have been comments by someone unnamed that may or may not be a certain game administrator... 8-) about the item database being larger than the internet itself, with captains hauling around mountains of space rubbish.

Perhaps a Recycling addition to the Coops Challenge? Points for every unit of resource produced by either recycling salvage or sub-mol'ing equipment?

De-clutter your ship for points?
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Coops Challenge category : Recycling

Post by Elkhorn »

Funny you should mention it. I was thinking of an NPC "junk dealer" that would buy and or repair all your junk/salvage items.
Buy, just to take them out of circulation.
Repair, would open up another area where all the repaired burnt out power coils and dented satellites could by collected for another mammoth project that could be squeezed into the story line somewhere.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

Why not put a limit on just how much can be stored, I know I'm terrible for hoarding, I have 23272 items in my ship misc store alone, purely because I rarely even think to look in there until a reason to do so comes along.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Achilleos wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:18 am Why not put a limit on just how much can be stored, I know I'm terrible for hoarding, I have 23272 items in my ship misc store alone, purely because I rarely even think to look in there until a reason to do so comes along.
Fellow Exiles - I'll prepare the Gallows folks, you go get the Rope :)

Trust me Achilleos I kick myself EVERY morning when I get up over the choice to NOT place limits on ships from day one. Adding them now I think would cause some major backlash from the bulk of the players. When we started Project Terran we explicitly set a limit. It can be raised but even then only in small increments and not any great CE level lol.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Elkhorn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 pm Funny you should mention it. I was thinking of an NPC "junk dealer" that would buy and or repair all your junk/salvage items.
Buy, just to take them out of circulation.
Elk
Why not visit the Reward Collection Program.
Welcome to the Reward Collection Program. You will find these offices placed around the Universe. Each office enables you to trade in those pesky collectable items that have been cluttering up your ships Misc Store.

In return, you will be awarded Credits, XP, Plus a 'Reward Point' for each item deposited. Over time you can collect the Reward Points and spend them on items that are normally difficult to get or were only in game for a short period of time in the past.
They take pretty much all the Misc items for cash, XP and offer reward points to purchase hard to get items X-Pod items. Stacking up points in this reward system isn't a bad idea as I'll be using it more in future and expanding its list. We already have two items to add to it.

Just a thought....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!